1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

It AINT over!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Dec 5, 2010.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I would like to agree but I can't. Did you see any of last night's game? There are two defenses that can have high expectations. The Bears as well

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,231
    So long as it is all in good fun I guess *insert uncertain smilie here*

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,231
    That is the stat that is the hardest to swallow.... Oye Vey!

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +237
    We would have 3 division wins if we win out. Have the Chiefs and Raiders lose once more which is now that I think of it fairly possible. We'll then be #1 in the divison. I think?

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,231
    Alreadys commented on this. No need to do so again.

You are off base on Free Agency. He does get players, just not the big name, 'bling bling' players that most want. Crayton was not a good pickup? Burnett? He excells at UDFA's. So in short, my opinion is that you are totally incorrect on this. You are welcome to your opinion, but it is more influenced by group think that facts IMHO.

Players have come out time and time again and argued that the fans perception is not reality in regards to Norv. The fact that you say he cannot motivate the players, but even rtired players such as Lorenzo Neal say the opposite makes me go with the players, not a fan who is not in the locker room, practices or at Chargers park. Sorry, again you are welcome to your opinion, but it is not based in substantial fact. Unless you do actually work for the Chargers are are around the team daily... I guess I could be misinformed on that, am I?

Again, I touched on that, we do not share the same opinion there. The OL while not the best in the league have been playing in all but 2 games well enough to give Rivers time to throw. They did an excellent job against the Colts duo which are two of the best rushers in the business. So again, I cant agree.

Really... Mediocre based on what? No pass pressure? Really, they have the most team sacks in the NFL right now... I am not sure what you are watching.

Sorry, for the reasons above I think you are off base. Shall we agree to disagree?

We all are off on some of our calls, so what? we are fans and that is the bottom line.

6. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +57
    What does bandwagoner mean? I havn't got the impression that anybody here that is venting their fustrations about the Chargers poor performance is abandoning the team completely? They just realise that the season is possibly over as a result of the Sh*tty performances and are well within their rights to fire a few shots!

If you are not getting angry by what you see...maybe you are not as passionate about the Chargers as these people are!

7. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +57
    You can't trust what the players say in regards to the Head Coach Conc...and you know it! Players (if they are not troublemakers) are always going to publically support their head coach (tow the company line if youn like) regardless of how they really feel...cos they are proffessionals.

I would rather take credence over how the players seem to play on the field and how motivated they look...I havn't seen much that tells me they are totally on board with Norv! Hell, I don't know anyone on offence that rubn blocks to the final whistle!!

8. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13

Ok, I'm always wrong to the homers. I suppose your explanation is what, an NFL conspiracy? Man, if guys like you possess no more critical analytical ability than that, I seriously hope your career is putting Cheetos on grocery store shelves or something. Personnel is inadequate, whose fault is that? The GM's. We can't get a quick strike 3 step passing attack in our gameplan. Whose fault is that? Norv Turner's.

Keep deflecting, they're both good as gone under new ownership, and at 6-6, I'd say with good cause. The NFL is a bottom line biz, and Smitty has failed to stock the cupboards adequately, while Norv has consistently failed to develop any consistency in his team. Yesterday was just the final straw for many a fan, including me.

9. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    EXACTLY!

Why does everyone want the Chargers to make the playoffs? They will only get booted in the first round. This team is weak and doesn't deserve the playoffs this year.

10. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Just curious, where were you sitting that tickets cost you that much 10+ years ago? I got my tickets in 01 in Loge level and they cost me $480 per seat (Which has since gone up to $900/seat in the 9 years stretch). So in 2001 and before, were your seats in Club level or did you just have 6+ seats?

11. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    3 with 4 I believe

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,231
    This old school is why you are 'attacked' for your hericy. Instead of trying to provide data or give facts to back your position you simply insult mine by calling me a homer and going into some temper tantrum. That is why you are attacked. It is not your message, it is the manner in which you give it. Same reason I am attacked.

Now, would you care to provide some objective evidence to refute my position, or would you prefer to cry some more about how the homers are mistreating you?

As for my career I am comfortable in it, an engineering position for a company that makes medical devices. Care to tell us what yours is as you want to try and hurl insults via this avenue?

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,231
    So what position does Lorenzo Neal hold on the team at this time? Please elaborate? Have you eer spoken with him? You should, he can be brutally honest and when we did an interview with him, he had only good things to say about Norv.

So what am I missing? A retired player has to play nice with Norv? Really?

As far as your run blocking scenario... Perhaps you need to focus more on Deilman...

14. Old School SD Fan

Ratings:
    +13

I'll ask you the same thing I ask every homer, Conc.

What do you feel is wrong with our 6-6, dominated by the Raiders at home team? And how do you absolve the GM & HC of everything? Homers seem to know but one schtick, defend the front office, deflect, attack the critical masses, dodge the truth, and obfuscate all.

It's Big Brother at the UT's model, the names change, but the playbook is always the same.

When Norv is fired and never gets another HC gig, what will your reaction be? Same with Smith the bridge burner? I understand the appreciation they get for pulling us outa the mire, but their fans always seem to gloss over Marty's role in the recovery, or Bill Butler's. Smith had a golden draft once upon a time, but that only lasts you so long. You can't say this team played with any fire or passion yesterday, nor was the gameplan worth a damned either.

15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    We beat the Broncos also, so we would both be 2-3. It would come down to us against the Broncos and the Chiefs game against the Raiders, both of which are week 17. If they both won, and finished with the same record, I am not sure what the next tie breaker would be.

16. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Dude, having this conversation with Conc is like talking to a brick wall. He will defend Norv no matter what, and nothing you say will change his mind

17. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +100
    I agree with all of this 100%

18. Old School SD Fan

Ratings:
    +13

Sole reason I left the UT, I just can't handle the mentality, no matter how bad it seems to get some guys just dig in deeper to defend the indefensible. Admittedly, the contingent is considerably more abusive over there, and more civil here, I'll have to dial down my ingrained reactions. It's a withdrawal thing.

19. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    Apologies if this has been discussed already but WTF was going on with Castillo and Garay. Did Garay call Castillo out for being a passenger out there all his career, literally robbing the Chargers blind?. Anyone see/hear anything on this today?. Castillo might be a nice, articulate guy but he is no use as a D lineman period.

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,231
    OK pot, what color am I? Have you changed your stance on anything? Hypocritical much?

21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Some years I spent more than $3k if you must know. Some years I spent less. $3k is a good average per season since it usually involved more than one person....usually 2 people and 4 at times...sometimes more .... sometimes less.

Why ?

If I went this year, it would probably have cost about $3k. Maybe you have not gone to a tailgater lately and paid for parking and ice and beer and carne asada and propane etc etc. It adds up. That $75 seat now costs $150 when you add food, parking, gas, stadium beer, souveniers. Do that for 10 games and you have $1500 for one person. Two people = $3k EASY for a year.

22. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    That's great!

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I did not hear this...where did you get this ?

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,231
    Ok, ask qwithout addressing any of my questions... I expected as much.

What is wrong with the teams that faced the lions this season? Patriots took nearly a whole game to beat them. The teams that lost to the Browns, what was their problem? Could it be taht in the NFL there are no 'give me' games, and that fans such as yourself who have a very unrealistic meltality taht a team has to dominate every game are misinformed? Four of the five losses came at the hands of very poor special teams play. AJ Smith made changes to the personnell that you refuse to acknowledge, and Norv made it a focus of practices and for the most part the Special Teams play has been cleaned up. Do you dis agree? Two games the team did not play well. St. Louis and the second Oakland game. Ok, so your answer is the team is a peice of shyte and everyone needs to be fired? Really? Sorry I dont agree.

I watched teh story of the 1981 Chargers the other day. One thing mentioned is that the players of the day were frustrated because there were consistent coaching changed (specifically DC) and the team could not get and consistency on that side of the ball. Yet you and others such as DenverBolt67 seem to feel the only thing that should be consistent is that a coach should be fired after any loss. Thank god neither of you are the GM.

Blah blah blah big brother. So the guy owned you in your arguments. Buck up. I have already pointed out that if you stop trying to insult everyone you disagree with you wouldnt be attacked. But that seems to not be in your nature so get a thicker skin.

Why would I care if Norv gets another HC job. Do you pine for Marty? Did you follow Wade with baited breath? Does this rambling mean anything otehr than you have nothing but a bad opinion that you will not look at any facts and be moved at all on?

You keep saying this team did not play with fire yesterday... Wow... ok... one game. Two I give you with the Rams game... SO WHAT? All teams have down games. IS there any team that is undefeated right now? I guess by your logic that means all coaches and GMs need to be fired and no team plays with fire.... Correct?

Call me a homer, it does not matter. I dont think you show any balls or spunk by being someone who says they are a fan of the team but always talks down about the team. Sorry. I guess I just dont get the EEyore mentality. But hey if it works for you, you go girl!

25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Only Jim Harbaugh can save us.

26. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,175
    DB;

Where did you find this information? What is your source? Just curious.

Pointy

27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Is that before or after my Hokies kick his *** on Jan. 3? :D

28. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +237
    I don't know maybe it has something to do with us being fans? I want the team to go to the SB and win it. No playoffs mean no SuperBowl.

29. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Hokies are gonna beg for mercy but they'll have no Luck :2guns: :D

30. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    It was on the TV broadcast. Garay and Castillo were all up in each others face and had to be separated. Later showd them hugging so looks like they kissed and made. Garay probably asked for a cut of that fat contract Castillo signed since Garay has been carrying the Dline this year.