1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

It appears Kris Dielman out of retirement in name only

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Jul 20, 2012.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
  2. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    This could get ugly - Kris Dielman (actually, his lawyers) will have to demonstrate that the Bolts knew or should have reasonably suspected that he was concussed, but pressured him into returning to the game, directly leading to his career ending siezure. He will almost certainly have to take the stand to verbalize this claim, subjecting himself to what could be quite the contentious cross examination from the lawyers of his former employers.

The Chargers will have to demonstrate that he deliberately hid his condition & the symptoms of it, and convinced the cautious medical staff that he was okay to return to the field because of his desire to continue to play & finish the game, and that his own actions led to his potentially life threatening siezure & subsequent placement on injured reserve, rendering the team blameless and depriving the organization who paid him quite hansomely when they re-signed him in 2007 of a Pro Bowl caliber protector of their huge investment that is quarterback Philip Rivers.

It could devolve into a very bitter process in which some pretty nasty accusations are levied by both sides against each other...

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I dont think that Kris (actually, his lawyers) will have an argument to stand on. When Kris got up from that hit and walked quite wabbily back to the huddle, someone (as I recall a ref) asked if he was OK and Kris waved him off. Kris decided to stay in that game. The prosecution will have a tough hurdle to overcome on that one. IMHO.

4. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Can someone post the article? Freaking UT keeps telling me I need to subscribe to view articles. Anyone else having this issue? Crazy stupid move by UT if true.

5. _Oz

_Oz Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +31
    the reason the UT and its fine owner does this, has nothing to do with political economic philosophy. In fact, nothing has anything to do with politics and everything in life can be attributed to magic and things that don't make sense but upset us. Now let's go get that stadium built!

• Old Old x 2
  6. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I kind of agree, but his lawyers will likely argue that anyone with eyes could see that he affected as he staggered back to the huddle, and that at that point he should've been removed from the game for his own safety, at least for a play or two at which time he could have been further evaluated.
    As requested:

• Like Like x 1