1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

It sounds like Gates is counting on adrenaline to get him through....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Sep 3, 2008.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Anyone watch the video of Gates doin the press conference on the Chargers main page?

He's talking about his injury, and he doesnt sound confident at all, it sounds like he's in pain and he's hoping for the game day hype to get him through it. Thats all you get out of these players now, you get guys trying to tough it out like Rivers and all they're gonna end up doing is making it worse. I have an extremely bad feeling about Antonio Gates this year, I think his performance is going to decline dramatically.

But am I the only one who thinks this guy shouldn't be playing football?

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

At all?

3. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Well, I saw the interview, and while he does mention that the pain is day-to-day, he is confident that the injury is repaired. What he says simply follows what Retired Catholic has been saying all offseason - that this period of his recovery is breaking scar tissue loose, which hurts like hell but, in the end, amounts to just that - pain.

Gates has never been an expressive individual when it comes to interviews, but I thought he was more expressive than he's ever been in that video; in a positive sense. He's excited, he is concerned about the pain and his ability to tolerate it, but he knows that he's on the home stretch now and he just has to end his rehab the right way.

That's what I got out of it, anyhow.

4. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I think he's flat out lieing.

I think he's in more pain that he wants to admit.

5. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

I think that you're flat out lying, how 'bout that?

6. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
  7. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I think he's gunna play and score atleast once maybe twice. Toe injuries are forever. Hes gunna have to learn to play with it.

8. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I think that you are having lying about him lying!!! Take that lierering!!!