1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Its almost that time of year...again...

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by tboltzcali, Jan 28, 2009.

1. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    where are all my padre buddies at???? Time to tell the truth...unfortunately, I cant bash them padres because...well, its like beating someone up when they are already down and out....poor padres....Hollywood.....BFISA...where ya at??? holla!

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Ya know, what you do is like rubbing raw steak all over yourself and jumpin in with the bears at the zoo.

:lol:

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:icon_finger::icon_finger:

GO PADRES!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:icon_finger::icon_finger:

4. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    actually i started following the padres before the chargers....oh well, add some seats to petco and let the chargers play!!!

5. BLITZED56

BLITZED56 New Member

Ratings:
    +50
  6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    I do have a little faith with this team as far as line up is concerned. Last year we had a little too much station to station, and a really slow team.

This year we have
    Good OBP and speed (if Black will let them run) to start off [Gerut, Eckstein, Giles]
    Some god power afterwards [Agon, Kouz, Headley]
    One young player (maybe two) and an obp guy at the end [Hundley and Rodriguez/Cabrera].

If we can solidify some pitching then maybe we will have a chance (i can't believe i just said that)

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Yes, the Padres suck this year.

Contrary to what you would like to believe, I don't think they're always good just because they're my favorite team.

I'm able to call a spade a spade and they pretty much suck this year.

As opposed to when they were making playoff runs 2-3 years ago and you said they sucked back then as well.

All well. It could be exciting every 4th and 5th games when Jake and CY are pitching.....maybe.

8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Quite possibly the dumbest thing people have ever said.

PetCo is not, and never will be a football stadium.

If the Padres were disbanded and that site were awarded to the Chargers they'd have to deconstruct the stadium and start anew.

Asinine statements like this are only made in a feeble attempt to insinuate the Padres don't deserve a new stadium but the Chargers do.