1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

It's August 10th. Call your shot.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BlueandGold, Aug 10, 2007.

1. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

May 22, 2006
    I was thinking about this today.

When the Chargers sucked, I would always be ultra-homer about them. Granted, I was younger, but I always believed that our team could rise above poor coaching and crappy personnel to go to the playoffs and win it all.

It never happened. But that never stopped me from shouting it to the world. You could probably dig up my old posts on the SDUT, Orangemane, etc. etc. so see examples of my blatant homerism. It didn't matter if BJ Tolliver or Ryan Leaf or Doug Flutie was at the helm, whether it was Junior Seau or Zeke Moreno - this was the year we were going all the way.

These days, we have what is possibly the best team in the league... certainly the best since the Air Coryell dynasty, likely better. And yet, I find myself telling people at work, "Well, we'll see," or "They look good, huh?" or "We've got a good shot." Stupid noncommittal **** like that.

At some point today, I sat up and thought, "What the hell am I doing? Why now, of all years, do I give up the homerism? When we've got the most talented team this side of the Pro Bowl? When we have an undeniable chance, a no-BS shot at the title?"

The new season is about to begin. The Jets (I was there for that one) and the Patriots loss hurt like none in recent history, perhaps enough to make me cautious of my team of late. But no more.

This is the year.

This is OUR year.

We are freakin Superbowl-bound, and this time, we are going to win it all. WE ARE GOING TO WIN IT ALL.

In two days, the 2007 Superbowl Champions take the field for the first time.

BoltTalk Brethren, I have called my shot. Glendale or Bust, and we ain't bustin. Believe it. :bolt:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2006
    Preach it ma Bolt brother for indeed the planets have aligned, pigs are flying and the Chargers are the baddest mo-fo's on the planet.

It is Super Bowl or bust. Nothing less will do.

Every team we face is just a nuisance. Like a boil that needs to be lanced. We will carve them up and serve them 100% Bolt Power. You know the power. It is the same power you get when you see the Chargers score a touchdown or you get your first piece of tail. It is magic. It is wonderous.

And the CLIMAX ...booyeah baby because we are going to run the show this year and next year and the following year with 100% unadulterated raw Chargers fury.

I pity the poor fools who are facing a team hungry, wounded in pride and flat out looking for the kill.

Time to dominate.

Go Chargers !!!!!!! :bolt:
  3. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2006

A prophet and a poet:lol:

I lay a bet on us to win it all every year in june so I must believe it.

This year feels damn good so far!

Go Chargers!!!!!!!!!!
  4. o-line protagonist

o-line protagonist BoltTalker

Jul 19, 2007
    Got to love the puking smiley's Lash! Good Work.

Listen...this is it. Period. I'll drink to that. The time is now.:bolt:
  5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Aug 15, 2006

6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Jul 12, 2007
    EVERY year, every game, through our loss against the Pats, I have always been VERY careful not to call downThe Gods, or anger them in any way. I always said IF we this game, or if we go to the Super Bowl.

And you know how well that has worked? IT HASN'T! Despite my best efforts, we still pissed down our legs against the Patriots.

Thus, I have adopted a new policy. SCREW THE GODS! We WILL be playing in the Super Bowl, and we will win it!

:abq1: :abq2: :abq1: :abq2: :abq1: :abq2: