1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

itunes question.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChargerMike, May 3, 2013.

1. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +553
    Any tips for "importing" CD's faster???
    This s*** takes forever... even with my high-speed internet.
    Is there some kinda tweak I can do in the options or something??

2. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Well, if you find out, let me know too, OK? It takes at least 3 minutes to import CDs to my iTunes, and about 5 to burn a CD from iTunes. Of course, my computer is 3 years old but I do have high-speed Internet.....I dunno.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,786
    What does internet speed have to do with importing CDs? The disc goes in the optical drive, not the modem. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. ChargerMike

Ratings:
    +553
    Ok...thanks.
    I just thought "uploading" your discs to iTunes would require a "high speed" internet for a fast import...
    I think my computer just sucks....or somethings' wrong with my disk drive...because I'm getting alot of "glitching-chirping" during the uploads that show up on the final rip. I tried cleaning the laser eye, but it's still doing it.
    I've got another tower I'm gonna try. :cool:

5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,400
    Screen Shot 2013-05-16 at 7.40.42 PM.png

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,786
    Could be that the disc itself has dirt (or scratches), so the laser is having trouble reading the data. That's what those noises usually mean. Do you have a disc cleaning solution and a microfiber cloth? Both are good to have around to deal with dirty discs.

7. ChargerMike

Ratings:
    +553
    Yeah., all of my disc's are flawless.., I'm pretty anal when it come to my audio collection....they play perfectly in all of my other CD sources.
    I know it's the disk drive in the tower....I actually bought it cheap from this clown that was a heavy chain smoker. I had to take the case apart and internally clean the insides and circuit boards with a vacuum because they were coated pretty good with a brown ashtray smelling scum.....it's took me a couple hours, but she runs great other than the disk drive. I tried using a laser eye cleaner, but the freak'n disk drive won't read the cleaner disc....lol. :confused:

8. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,786
    Yep, smoke is a killer for an optical drive. You can clean the laser eye by hand, with some disc cleaning solution and a cotton swab. Just be very gentle so you don't scratch the lens. With fluid on the tip, you should be fine though.

• Useful Useful x 1