1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I've got to hand it to the Jets.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Workplay, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    For taking advantage as they watched our Chargers implode.

3 missed field goals, 2 interceptions, 4 fumbles, and 10 penalties for over 80 yards. :icon_eek:

The Raiders could have beat us today.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    ...not to mention the little girl cheerleaders at our tailgate could have beat them today. Sigh.

I'm thinking there was an Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and all the Chargers were replaced by some weak-*** team.

In other news, good meetin ya today.

3. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    If Nate can't handle the pressure in playoff games, he sure as hell will choke in the Super Bowl. Imagine next season, Super Bowl, down by 2, 4 seconds left, 50 yard field goal attempt. Would you trust Nate to make that kick?

Good to meet you too Rexy:tup:

4. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Nate won't be in Bolts in post season next year.

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    The Jet's player's kept their heads and didn't do stupid stuff all day long. Above anything else, I place the blame at the feet of those that played the game.

Congratulation's to the Jet's and their fan's. They stuck together and never wavered and just kept chugging.

6. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    We have them a gift and they took it. Plain and simple.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    But why do the Chargers continue to give gifts to AFC East teams in the playoffs? That's an honest question. Are those teams better prepared, is it just bad luck, or is it something else?

Dan Patrick this morning likened the Chargers to the Seahawks of the 90's and to the Phoenix Suns...gobs of talent, but never able to finish the job. Yes, Kaeding missed three field goals....it has been said he leaned back when he kicked which tends to pull the ball to the right...didn't the special teams coaches see that?

I'm still kind of shocked, and I feel so bad for you guys. That was a tough one to lose.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I won't give them credit because I refuse to see how tehy could have beaten us if we didn't beat ourselves so thoroughly

• Like Like x 1
  9. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I went to my fisrt Charger game in 1973, and I am starting to believe that we really are cursed. It's funny, my mom went to the game yesterday and I called here when it ended to see what the reaction was from her group that has been watching the Chargers since they moved to San Diego. Although they were all very upset, they almost expected it.

IMO we need some major changes staring with Norv. I don't think he had this team prepared for this game. There are also a handful of players that need to pack their bags as well. Before the game yesterday I had a bad feeling. I did not say anything to anyone because I am a little superstitious, but my fears became reality.:icon_evil:

• Like Like x 2
  10. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    The Jets and Ravens are akin to the trophy wife who catches here husband cheating, divorces him, drives a Escalade and gets the home.

They thrive off of your mistakes. They hang around like leeches and wait for the opportunity to pounce. You have to get ahead early, or you end up playing a game that you don't want to play.

I don't want to throw gas on the fire, but I knew it was over when Leonhard got that pick. The Jets were just content all day to play field position football at 7-3 and wait for that mistake. That play flipped field, yielded points, and took the crowd from apprehension to pure panic.

Teams like that rarely beat anyone, they just hang around and capitalize off of your mistakes.

I have seen this movie before though. I would be shocked if Indy doesn't beat them by 17+ points.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    We lost. The Jets didn't beat us. Penalties, fumbles, Interceptions. Stupid mental mistakes.

Not the same team that won 11 in a row.

The bye week hurt us IMO.

Didn't hurt Indy, didn't hurt Minnesota, didn't hurt N.O., but it somehow hurt us.

No excuses, we choked, just as everyone is calling us the SAN DIEGO CHOKERS.

12. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Yeah, the Jets were just very patient on all sides of the ball. I don't think they get in a mindset of "we're going to outplay you, just capitalize on whatever opportunity you give us." They were fully willing to hang around with the game at 7-3, like the Pittsburgh Steelers under Cowher, knowing that just one mistake will put the game in their hands. I think Turner and the coaching staff knew it too. They wanted to open the game up but just couldn't. In hindsight, sending Tolbert and Sproles in could have made them more vulnerable to Rivers' passing game.

13. HighBoltageMD

HighBoltageMD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Reminded me of the choke against the Patriots '06 PO game. We were the better team but screwed ourselves with stupid mistakes.

Well...maybe next year?? :icon_shrug:

:icon_wtf:

14. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    So the Jets are Trump's ex-wife? I love that! :icon_banana:

I can't see Indy stepping on their own foot like we did. They're going to watch how the Jets won and just focus on ball protection all game. No way two great teams collapse two weeks in a row for the Jets. We simply handed the Colts a Super Bowl berth. :unsure:

15. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    The Jets are owned by a guy named WOODY JOHNSON.:lol: