1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Murphy Parking Lot?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    I have gotten good directions... but a quick question. I am picking up my buddy in Bay Park area at 10AM sharp. This will put us at the Stadium around 10:15 + or - some minutes.... Is this too late??? I don't want to drive into a cluster F***....

Thanks!

2. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    don't quote me but I believe you'll want to be there by 9am at the latest

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    The lot opens at 9am for those with parking passes, 10am for the rest of the world.

I haven't parked at the stadium for game since 2004. I take the trolley in and it's much easier.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Did something change? It's usually 8 for those with passes and 9 for everybody else.

5. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    can someone clarify 9 or 10 for non-pass members?

6. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    That in which is in bold is incorrect. For Parking passes they can get in at 8:00AM and the Gates actually open at 9:00AM.

Fouts your time will be a little bit too late because there might not be a lot of parking spaces left. You will want to pick up your friend way earlier at about 7:30AM to 8:00 and get to the Stadium about 15 + or - minutes after that. This will guarantee a good spot for you to park.

7. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    I don't have a pass, so are you saying it is best to get there at 8AM, and wait in line for an hour, until they let the general public go in at 9AM? :icon_eek:

8. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    5 hours before kickoff with passes. So 8am.

4 hours before kickoff without passes. So 9am.

Recorded message here: 619.280.2121

10am should be fine. Every 15 minutes after that will get harder, but shouldn't be a major problem until after 10:30 or 10:45.

9. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Yes unfortunately. The Lot will get full quick.

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Hey Fouts I have not parked on the lot in year and years.

But when I make it to a game I usually park at the Home Depot on Fairmount and Mission Gorge. It's maybe a mile walk from there to the stadium. Or you hop a cab from there and it's still a fraction of the cost of parking on the lot. That's about the only way I know to avoid a total clusterf*ck. :yes:

11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Park in Mission Valley Mall and trolley it from there. Eesy peesy. :tup:

12. vmax

vmax BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Go to Chargers.com and look at the MTS Chargers bus schedules. Costs $10 round trip, goes direct from designated loading spots to stadium and they have their own stadium entrance. I jump on at the Kearney Mesa court house and it takes about 15 minutes to get into and out of game. No traffic, no troubles, no waiting lines to get on and for the two of you it is still cheaper than the parking lot. I will never park in the stadium lot again.

13. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I used to drive in and park at the stadium and now I take the trolley. 10:15 should get you into the parking lot and eventually to a parking space. Parking is not cheap and getting out of the lot could take a while.

I would also recommend taking the trolley into the stadium parking lot. It is $5 per person round trip. I usually park at Hazard Center (4 stops away) around 10:30 and arrive at the stadium a few minutes later. The trolley line at the end of the game is 30 - 45 minutes...if it is a tight game and everybody stays, it can take an hour or more. Still it is better than trying to merge into the mass of cars trying to leave the parking lot.

I hope this helps.

14. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
  15. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I drive into the parking lot. I usually hit Friars rd. @ Qualcomm Way about 8:45am. Stop for a few min. Head down Friars about 8:55 and get into the lot by 9:15. Piece of cake. :icon_party:

16. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I just take the trolley in. :lol:

17. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Ditto!!