1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jackson rested and ready

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

By Kevin Acee, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    Chris Jenkins, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010

SAN DIEGO — Like the players from all but eight NFL teams, they spent their weekend watching the playoffs. Unlike players from all but three other teams, they also were resting up for the start of their own postseason run, letting time heal wounds.
    “I did get some rest,” said wide receiver Vincent Jackson. “I should be closer to 100 percent by Sunday, but obviously, it’s tough for anybody to be 100 percent this time of year.”
    Jackson was one of a few players withheld from last week’s practices with the idea of using the extra time to let his injury calm down, but he was on the field for yesterday’s walk-through as the Chargers began preparing for Sunday’s game against the New York Jets. So were linebackers Brandon Siler and Shawne Merriman, the latter of whom also had been inactive for the regular-season finale against the Washington Redskins because of plantar fasciitis, which has bothered him since early November.
    Asked when he last felt as healthy as he did yesterday, Merriman said: “When did the football season start? Probably since about four, five weeks ago. … This is probably the best I’ve felt in a while.”

Postseason time

The Chargers have tried to maintain as close to a normal schedule as possible since the end of the regular season, even without a game over the weekend, but some said they already could feel things intensifying after reporting back yesterday. They are living on postseason time now.
    “When you play the playoffs, everything’s faster,” Merriman said. “Just when you’re thinking you’re running as fast as you possibly can, you gotta pick it up, finish every tackle. Fortunately we got a chance to sit back and get a feel from watching the games.”
    And what did he see?
    “Games coming down to three or four plays,” Merriman said. “That Green Bay game (a 51-45 overtime loss at Arizona), both teams scored a combined 90-something points. But there were three to five really big plays where they put up points that you can’t let happen in this league, especially in the playoffs because in the playoffs it gets that much more important.
    “So when it comes down to three or four big plays that can change the result of the game, you have to be more conscious of every play and not take one (more) lightly than the next.”

Looking for input

Jets head coach Rex Ryan last prepared to face the Chargers in 2007, when he was Baltimore’s defensive coordinator.
    Ryan said this week he will consult with some coaches he knows who have faced the Chargers more recently, including his twin brother, Rob.
    Of course, as defensive coordinator of the Oakland Raiders from 2004-08 and of the Cleveland Browns in 2009, Rob Ryan is 0-11 and his defenses have allowed 29.5 points and 268 yards per game against the Chargers.
    “I’ll probably do the exact opposite of what he recommends,” Rex Ryan said.

2. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    I am getting ****in jacked for this game!

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Bring it Jackson!

4. VJ IS THE MAN!!!!!

VJ IS THE MAN!!!!! BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    VJ WILL BE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    VJ VJ VJ he's my player, Can't wait to see what he can do against the probowler revis. GO BOLTS :icon_banana::abq1::abq2::icon_toast::icon_party:

6. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Anybody got the stats for VJ from last years monday night *** whooping we put on the Jets 49-26 ??

I was curious what he did on Revis. I had that game recorded on my old DVR, but got a newer one after I switched to HD, so I no longer have it.

The media seems to think VJ will get shut down completely.

7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    VJ caught 3 receptions for 74 yards.

Rivers spread the ball around that game:

Darren Sproles - 2 catches, 39 yards
    Buster Davis - 3 catches, 43 yards
    Chris Chambers - 1 catch, 27 yards, 1 TD
    Antonio Gates - 2 catches, 25 yards, 1 TD

All in all, Rivers went 19 of 25 (76%), 250 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT

Look for the same thing to happen on Sunday.

Too many weapons, not enough Jet defenders to handle them all.

8. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Chambers - 1 catch Found Revis I believe...