1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jackson thrives in first preseason action

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Tuesday, Aug 26, 2008
    Chargers.com

Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson certainly didn’t look like a man who hadn’t played in a game in more than seven months.

Jackson saw his first action of the preseason Monday night in the Bolts’ 18-17 win over the Seattle Seahawks and caught three passes for 84 yards to help lead the Chargers to victory.

“It’s great to see Vincent,” Head Coach Norv Turner said. “He needs to play. I didn’t think he was sharp early in the week in practice because he hadn’t been (out there). He wasn’t at the same speed as the other guys. As the week went on his speed picked up and I thought he played fast tonight.”

Two of Jackson’s three catches came on third down and resulted in Chargers first downs. Another was a 59-yard reception that set up the Bolts’ first touchdown of the night.

“It was nice to get out there in a little live environment,” Jackson said. “Preseason is a great time to fine tune some things. Everything was smooth tonight.”

Jackson drew raves from his coaches and teammates after his extremely strong start to training camp. Then a hamstring injury kept him out of practice for more than a week and prevented him from playing in the team’s first two preseason games.

“I was glad he got to play and get out there before we go crank it up for real,” quarterback Philip Rivers said. “I would hate for him to have his first catch in the first game of the (regular) season. It was good to get him out there.”