1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jackson wants evidence tossed

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

By Brent Schrotenboer
    Thursday, April 30, 2009

Jackson seeks to have evidence tossed

An attorney for Chargers receiver Vincent Jackson has asked the court to suppress evidence obtained as a result of Jackson's Jan. 6 arrest on suspicion of drunken driving.

In a motion filed Thursday in San Diego Superior Court, Jackson's attorney said Jackson was forced to have his blood drawn “against his will” after repeatedly requesting a breath test instead, as was his right.

Jackson's blood-alcohol content measured 0.17 percent, according to court records. The legal limit in California is 0.08 percent.

If successful, the motion would suppress the blood test results.

Jackson, 26, has hired the law firm of Cole Casey, which specializes in DUI cases.

He has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor DUI charges. His next court date is scheduled for June.

Upon his arrival at jail Jan. 6, Jackson elected to take a breath test. A California Highway Patrol officer then set it up for him, according to the officer's arrest report. But the officer became impatient when the machine didn't accept the sample right away, Casey said. Jackson then was told he had to do a blood test even though he wanted the breath test, according to Jackson's motion.

At the time of his arrest, Jackson was on five years probation for a 2006 drunken driving arrest and conviction in San Diego.

2. Bolt Attack

Bolt Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    He is getting desperate, if he gets convicted he will probably do jail time not to mention serve a suspension. If he was a .17 that is twice the legal limit and blood tests are more reliable than breath....however if he can get the test thrown out because of procedural issues than they will have to go with impairment alone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    If he was that drunk I really hope he does have to be accountable for his actions; all in all for him to get out on a loophole just sucks he has enough money to fight it and in this country that seems to be the deciding factor.

I mean really even me and my dumb friends get cabs and whatnot; there is no excuse for being such a retard vjac.

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072

OJ did it, so they all do it now.

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    One side of me says I hope he serves some time for doing the crime (like most of us would have) .17 is no joke. He's gotta learn to quit drinking and driving and might possibly kill somebody, probably himself.

The Charger fan side of me says I don't want him to do time and hope they toss that test out because we need him to play big this season.....

6. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    That is exactly how I feel.

7. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45

And, out of habit, he catches the evidence thirty yards away with a lunging grab.

8. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Just b/c the court supresses the evidence doesn't mean Godell will.

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If he gets away with it, I hope he realizes how lucky he is. If he gets convicted, well...

Either way, I hope he's learned his lesson. He has plenty of money. He could easily afford a cab, hotel or even a limo.

10. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    So stupid on his part to drink and drive. I don't begrudge him (or his lawyer) for doing their all to fight it, but I certainly hope he's finally gotten a clue. Can't imagine Goodell will let it go. A 4 game suspension seems likely especially considering his history and what happened with Stallworth.

So dissappointing. :no:

11. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  12. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Screw that, if Brandon Marshall gets a 1 game suspension last year for being a crazy stalker with like 4 restraining orders then there's no way he could justify Jackson getting a 4 game suspension without a conviction.

13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    VJ just needs to take his medicine and move on. It's his pill to swallow and he obviously didn't learn from the first time. If he does get this thrown out, I hope Goodell rake's his *** over the coal's.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bolt Attack

Bolt Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    I totally agree!

15. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Good point, but stalking, making a conscience decision to harass another person, and making a conscience decision to endanger people's lives are two different things. Goodell will likely hand down no less than a 4 game suspension.
    It really sucks cause we need all the help we can get for pretty much every game and losing Jackson will have a big impact on our passing game. I hope Floyd, Chambers, Gates and Sproles can be reliable all the time. Again, we'll just have to wait and see.