1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacob Hester

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Is not a bust. Get him on the field and he makes our O better. Now shut up about it.

2. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    As of tonight I agree :tup:

3. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    One thing I saw tonight is Norv doesn't know how to use his tools as they need to be used. JH was one example of that. To little too late.!

4. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    What do you expect from N:icon_huh:rv? It took him a year and a half to get Floyd's playmaking *** out on the field.

N:icon_huh:rv = TARD

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    so please for the love of god keep him out there more often
    it only took like 1/2 the season and at the point that we are out of everything

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Where the fuc was he all season?!!!

Did Norv forget he was there?

7. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I agree at least he blocks his guy, he may not be bulldozer but sometimes all you need to do is get in a guy's way and that could create enough space for a big play.

8. clontarf_bolt

clontarf_bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40
    I've been screaming out for Hester to be played ever since we drafted him!

9. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I agree he can contribute, and disagree with anyone that would call a third round pick a bust after season one.

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Hester played pretty well yesterday - didn't light the world on fire, but he contributed more than Tolbert.

he still isn't playing like the Donks #22 (Hillis), but he needs to get reps.

And where the **** is Naanee?? I'd like to see him in some wildcat formations.

Offensive genius my ***. If he is, then make him OC & promote Rivera another step up. :tup:

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    He made plays because no one accounted for him. Let's see what he can do when the defense keys in on him. But yes... great to see him produce.

I'm just glad we don't have to worry about the playoffs anymore. I'd like to see Hester take over for LT. Cason for Cro. Clark for Clary. Siler for Cooper. etc etc

12. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    And that is only for 3rd downs. Never understood that you use a guy for 3rd downs and it seems like he ALWAYS converts them. With that being said, why not play him on 1st & 2nd downs? If Gates/Jackson & Chambers are so great, why are we using our #4 WR to get us the yardage when needed. Not only that but it is obvious (to me) that Rivers and Floyd seem to have a good thing going in the passing game. I know that they worked together a lot when Brees was the starter and Rivers worked with the second team.

13. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Hester > Tolbert

14. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I don't think that's fair. It's more like Hester <> Tolbert. They are two different types of players. Hester has always played fullback so he knows the position. Tolbert was a running back so learning the nuances of fullback will take him some time. I think they are both great players and am happy to have them on board.

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Its not about fair right now. People are looking for effigies to burn...

16. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I love how a few weeks ago people were calling him a bust based on 2 carries and 1 fumble.:lol:

Now he is being praised. Let's get a reasonable sample out of him before passing judgement whether he is a hit or a miss.:yes::bolt:

GO CHARGERS!

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Goddammit, don't you go making sense on us!!!! :icon_tease:

18. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Obviously.

19. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    FTR, I have been one of his biggest supporters when everyone was wanting to tar and feather him 8 games into his rookie season.

20. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'm actually looking for something else to burn. But I gotta be productive today. Fu/ck. :baked:

21. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    [​IMG]

Extra large for an extra ****** season.

22. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979

So is this genios of hind sight. If I went back and looked at the posts about hester fumbling where would you two stand? Supporting or 'wanting his f'in head'?

23. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Go back and find me one post I made calling for Hester's head. I dare you.

When you don't find **** you can apologize for jumping to conclusions.

24. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    It was only a matter of time before Hester began to produce. It will be a matter of more time for Tolbert to master a new position . We'd still be better off with Michael Turner and an extra wide body that could have been had with the choices expended for either Hester or Tolbert.

25. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Looks like a pretty good fullback to me. Why norv hasn't used him as the fullback sooner kind of pizzes me off. He brings alot to the offense with him playing fullback.

And he looks like he can block. Geez. Come on norv. What the frack. Gods telling you something here.

26. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Not to take anything away from Hester, whom I like, but Tolbert is still learning the position. It seems like everyone here is so quick to point out that someone sucks. We went from a FB that has blocked for some of the best runners out there, and arguable one of the best to play the position, to a rookie that has never played the position and played college ball at a school that has had a team fro what, a whopping 2 years?

Give Tolbert a chance. I have faith in the guy, and not just because I adopted him. He's got great hands for a guy his size, and he's learning fast. He's blown some blocks, that's for sure, but to say that Hester > Tolbert is just being ridiculous.

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Stop being a dick!!!
    I don't judge a player on ONE play!!!

WTF is up with you today? Geeze!!!
    We're all pizzed about this season but all you ever preach is "don't take team frustrations out on posters." Yet you've been following me around like a 14 year old girl on Justin Timberlake.

Go do something constructive!!!

28. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    pot. kettle. black.

if you're going to dish it out you have to learn to take it.

--------------

back on topic...

Excellent points - he's also not the only one missing blocks either... but I really was so happy to see Hester out there :) especially after all the **** he's gotten for being MIA. He and Tolbert still have some growing pains to go thru but I have faith in their potential. I miss Lo :( and still hold out hope that they will bring him back, if only to mentor and help transition these guys as he heads into retirement. His football mind is incredibly valuable and his leadership is sorely missed.

good job Hester! looking forward to seeing more of you :)

29. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'm not saying Tolbert is dogshit, I'm just saying Hester is better and everyone here was too quick to label him a bust before he even got some meaningful playing time.

Also, it's not like N:icon_huh:rv made the choice to switch to Jacob. Tolbert got hurt.

FU N:icon_huh:rv!!!

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I've preached that from the very beginning BUT it's not the same as finger pointing about something then doing it yourself!!! :bananafinger: