1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jags Fire Jack Del Rio

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Skuzzlebutt, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
  2. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Worth posting this item since it lists a lot of names that we may be considering too. I think I like Chuck Pagano on this list... but we would need a stud o-cord to make our offense what it used to be.

The Jags' next coach

8:57AM ET
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Alternatives for the Jags

Following the Jacksonville Jaguars' loss to the Houston Texans on Sunday, owner Wayne Weaver was asked about Jack Del Rio's job security, and he responded, "That's for another day."
    Apparently "another day" is Tuesday, as ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen reported this morning that Del Rio has been fired. According to Tania Ganguli of the Florida Times-Union, defensive coordinator Mel Tucker has been tabbed to take over on an interim basis.
    The Jags had a reasonably strong defense this season, all things considered, and the final five games could be considered a legitimate tryout for Tucker to have the interim tag removed from his title. However, the Jags may elect to tap any of a number of impressive rising assistants, some of whom are found in the grey box at right. It's unclear whether the franchise is set to make a run at one of the "big name" coaching candidates, though there's nothing to say that one of those men won't believe the opportunity to be a good fit.
    We've heard one suggestion potentially worth considering: in the hypothetical future world where Tom Coughlin finds himself unemployed this offseason, would the Jags be interested in a reunion? A lot would need to happen for this to become a reality, but it's not impossible.
    As for Tucker's chances, we checked in with ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, and here's what he had to say:

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    [​IMG]
    AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

So to recap: Jags fired their HC, extended their GM and are selling the team. Other than that, pretty quiet.

[​IMG]
    AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Jaguars employees were informed today that the team is being sold.

4. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Oh PLEASE let them be able to break their lease!

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Report from Schefter that the sale was made with understanding that there would not be a moving of the team, for what its worth

6. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    Gee... thanks for the buzzkill.

7. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    LOL, that gentlemen's promise to "NOT" move the team means absolutely nothing. That team is moving out of Florida.

8. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    LA Jags!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,726
    They will probably change it to Yaguares to try and sway the Hispanic fan base in L.A. IMHO

• Like Like x 3
  10. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    They can play down the street from the MLB Doyers LOL:laugh: Nice one Vic!

• Like Like x 1
  11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    WTF are Yaguares? (I know what Jaguares are though)

12. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,726
    It's the phonics for gueros portion of the program...

13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    in that case Haguares (with a hard H) would sound better, BTW, I'm really bored at work

14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Im surprised you all arent talkin about the NEW owner of a NFL team....

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2011/11/29/2596317/new-jaguars-owner-shahid-khan-releases-statement

Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver held a press conference to announce the sale of the team to Khan. "Shahid Khan is a great American success story and he will be an outstanding owner for this franchise and for this community. I am excited for the team and for our great fans because Shahid will bring passion and commitment to the job. He is committed to restoring a winning tradition here in Jacksonville," Wayne Weaver said.
    Some information on Khan, released in a press release, after the jump.
    [​IMG]
    In 1967, at the age of 16, Khan left Pakistan to attend the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He began working for Flex-N-Gate Corporation in 1970, while an engineering student. Khan continued to work at Flex-N-Gate until 1978, when he left the company to start a new venture.

Helped by a Small Business Administration loan, he began a new business designing and manufacturing innovative lightweight, continuous metal bumper systems, with no seams to corrode or rust. Nearly two-thirds of all North American pick-up trucks and sport utilities have bumper systems based on Khan's designs and are manufactured and supplied by a Flex-N-Gate company.

12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

They are LA bound. Big deal this is just a kink in my chaos theory about Bill Cowher being so adamant about NOT returning to Coaching in 2012 or the future *becuase he is lookin at a GM position in sunny Whereverifornia.* if Spanos has realy got it in for AJ at last, like the fan majority. Eh if the new GM to be ends up BC, im sure NONE of you will be bitchin or callin CHAOS THEORY on me then.....

15. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,726
    Yeah, you must be bored, I hardly ever give these things a second thought... It must be something I picked up from the other homies and the way they pronounce names here in SoCal. Like the Doyers.

16. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    They list Eric Mangina as a big name in that company?!?! Lol

17. sargecharge

sargecharge BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I remember when Del Rio was wanted by USC to fill their coaching vacancy. He should have taken that job. He messed up big time.