1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jaguars, Bills will be first targets of L.A. stadium builder

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8158865c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

2. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Bills to the AFCW, KC to the AFCE. :tup:

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I would not support the Bills to LA.

Jags, fine

Oak, who cares

Rams make good sense

Minny won't let the Vikes go

Our Bolts? I'll divorce myself from the nfl

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I hate the idea of anybody losing their team but as far as fan base goes... I thing Jaguars and Raiders would be you're safest.

Rams would make good sense but it would also make me thing this... if a new stadium only secures a team to stay in your city for 15 years, it's not worth it... especially if they can fill their stadium.

5. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    The Bills fans would be more bullsH!t than the Rams fans were when the Rams left town

Buffalo fans have braved the foulest of weather and the crappiest of teams...not to mention the bridesmaid roles they played in the SB in the early 90's.

I know several Bill's season ticket holders who have braved the elements for decades to watch the hapless Bills play football. Hell the city would have nothing left for folks to do in the winter on Sundays....the birth rate would soar.

Jacksonville not so much...relatively new NFL team as is the fan base.

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I agree. I wouldn't want to see the Bills leave Buffalo. They have a great fan base and history.

7. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    If the Birth rate goes up, maybe a team can go back to Buffalo! :lol:

I can't wait for NFL in Los Angeles. Of course I prefer the Chargers and pray it's not the Raiders, but at this point, any team will do.

Roski will make his team a constant contender EVERY year. Just look at his Lakers! :yes:

8. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Roski bought the Lakers from Jerry Buss?

9. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    he's a minority owner

10. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    He's the reason the Lakers are contenders every year?

11. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    :lol:

He's no Al Davis!

12. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Black Mamba is the reason they've been a contender the past few years and are still a contender.

13. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Roski switched his position. Now he wants to be a majority owner. That really limits his choices. Who's going to sell their team? The Rams are for sale, but is any other team? :icon_huh:

I'm guessing Roski will own one team and lease his stadium out to another. Makes sense.

14. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    It sure sounds like it's going to be a two team stadium.

On one of the LA stations 11 pm news tonight (neither CBS or NBC has it on thier site) announced that Roski will buy either the Bills or the Jags and move them or if that doesn't work out he'll purchase a minority interest in one of the other five teams mentioned in the first post and move them...and they will have a team to announce, they hope before the Superbowl.

However, I can't find anything to back up what I heard. It is also possible that the anchor was spouting BS.

If true, I doubt it will be the Bills, Ralph Wilson has said the Bills are not for sale.

15. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    It would be nice to end the speculation. I honestly think that Los Angeles is a one-team town and I hate the idea that LA is too big for one team. Look at our teams, It's all about the Lakers and Dodgers.:tup: Who are the other teams? :icon_huh: Isn't there a baseball team down there in Anaheim? :icon_shrug:

Instead of just doing the right thing and bringing back the Rams... They're going to bring in two teams, dilute the fan base, and black out every game on TV. :tdown:

16. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    LA has proven it doesn't want to support a football team. But whatever, as long as it's not my Bolts.

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I still scratch my head every time I think about why J'ville even has a football team. Atlanta not that far to the north, TB & Miami already in the state.

Ralph Wilson & the Bills are an original AFL team. I don't see him giving up a majority of ownership or moving that team. Far too much history & pride involved there.

I sincerely hope it isn't going to end up being the Chargers. Workplay, you can shove your constant push for that up your ***, mmmmkay? :icon_twisted:

18. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I agree that Buffalo should stay where it's at, because those fans fill it as best they can, considering that Buffalo has only 275,000 in the main city, and just 1.2 million in the greater metro area (compared to 1.1 million in San Diego, and 3 million in San Diego County).

Jacksonville I can see moving.

1.) It's an expansion team from 1995, so it's the youngest of the teams considered. Thus not as much time to build up a fanbase and could be relocated without too many Jags fans being pizzed.

2.) The population of Jacksonville is about that of San Diego, but Jacksonville has had much more trouble filling their stadium than San Diego has. Even though Jacksonville Municipal Stadium seats just 67,000 for Jags games compared to 71,000 for Qualcomm. If we had that stadium in San Diego, with 67,000 for Charger games (instead of the 71,000 now), the Bolts would have easily sold out every home game for the last 6 years.

19. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    There are only 3 teams that Angelinos care about:

Los Angeles Lakers
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    USC Trojans

All others need not apply for fanship.

20. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    x1,000,000

:tup:

:lol:

21. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    What would those poor bastards in J'Ville do with that big, newer stadium if the Jags left? What a disaster that would be for them.

22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Jai alai, dog racing, monster truck rallies, supercross, .... :lol:

23. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Who knew? :icon_shrug:

24. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Truth. And the malls would resemble the Thunderdome death arena except with Cinabons and coin-op massage chairs.

25. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    San Diego and Buffalo deserve to keep their teams in place. Both have had pretty remarkable fan support despite neither of them having won a Super Bowl in the last 40 years. These cities need to figure out how to get new stadiums in place.

Raiders moved once to LA so they can do it again.

Minnesota deserved to lose their team as soon as they built a domed stadium and gave up the best home field advantage in sports. But as a tradionalist I would like to see them stay.

St. Louis should get their Cardinals back and the Rams should go back to LA. At the very least the Rams should go back to LA.

49ers ain't going anywhere.

So we end up with the Turds and the Rams back in LA again.

26. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
  27. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Raiders havve a deal to stay in oakland 2014

28. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    You know which team would be perfect for Los Angeles? The Jets! Then there wouldn't be two teams sharing a town anywhere, unless you count the niners and Raiders, but I don't know if the Raiders count as a professional football team.

29. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Never. Gonna. Happen.

Jets have a new stadium built & ready for next season. Even got 5 figure PSL's out of some season ticket holders too.

30. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I think it's 5 year waiting list for Jets season tickets! :icon_eek:

I just can't wait for some NFL close to home. Industry is still an hour an a half drive for me, but it beats driving to San Diego!