1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jaguars' Garrard anticipates returning to lineup against Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback David Garrard, who missed the last three games because of an ankle injury, anticipates returning to the starting lineup on Sunday against the San Diego Chargers.
    "Everything's feeling good," Garrard said Monday. "We're going to have to once again get out and practice and make sure we continue down the right path and make sure we don't have any setbacks."
    Barring a setback, Garrard said he expects to be back against the Chargers. He could have played Sunday at Tennessee, but team doctors decided to give him another week to recover from the high ankle sprain.
    "I still wasn't far enough along," Garrard said. "If there was one or two games left, then I could have done it. But there's a long stretch ahead of us and I don't want to do anything that tweaks it just enough that it kind of hobbles me a little bit more. In hindsight, I know it was the best decision."
    Coach Jack Del Rio was less certain that Garrard would be under center Sunday.
    "We'll see how practice goes," he said. "He did OK last week. He wasn't quite ready. We anticipate he'll be better this week and we'll take a look on Wednesday and see how it goes."
    Del Rio said kicker Josh Scobee also was nearing a return. Scobee injured his right leg in the season opener and hasn't played since.
    Scobee said he was "optimistic about playing."
    "It's been longer than I wanted and I thought," he said. "A couple of times when I came back to kick I re-aggravated it and set myself back a little bit. I've been kicking for a week and a half and haven't had any setbacks."
    Also Monday, the Jaguars activated linebacker Justin Durant and offensive lineman Richard Collier from the reserve/suspended list and waived linebackers Roy Manning</A _extended="true"> and Jorge Cordova</A _extended="true">.

Associated Press

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Hopefully, if Garrard ultimately does start, he'll be trying to knock some rust off, which can only benefit us.

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    His time will be a little off, at least early on. Cro better be in the game.