1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jaguars sign former first round pick QB

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Jul 29, 2007.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    The Jacksonville Jaguars have just signed QB Tim Couch.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/JAC/10273958

Wow, signing a QB that hasn't played for 3 full seasons! Brilliant!

2. oldschool1

oldschool1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    [​IMG]

Another system QB who was overhyped in college and thrown into the fire. Just like Gino Torretta.

Oldie Out

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, but after Torretta stole the Heisman that should have been Marshall Faulk's, he wound up as a lowly 7th round pick by the Vikings, and never got better than #2 on the depth chart.

4. Prito James

Prito James BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    Wow says a lot for Culpeppers street value :icon_rofl:

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Good Point. Culpepper's problem is he's expensive and there are doubts about his health at the moment. Couch came cheap.

6. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Exactly the first thing that came to my mind.

7. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    What does it have to do with Culpepper? They seem to be taking a cheap risk for a 3rd string gamble. Culpepper won't be looking for $500K a year or a place that has two solid QBs ahead of him. He'll be looking for a starting gig first.

8. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    That could be considered an oxymoron. Leftwich is one good hit away from IR. While he's an absolute warrior, he has been banged around hard enough that you wonder if he can make it through a full NFL season anymore. Most indications from articles I read had Culpepper being a good fit in Jax, because he would have time to learn the offense, yet stood a realistic chance of starting due to injury. I think the idea of Leftwich getting hurt again this year was more a matter of when, not if.
    Besides, Jax is pretty strong and I doubt Culpepper wanted to go to a crappy team and ride the pine when he could go to a contender. I don't see a lot of starting gigs available out there for a QB that has to learn the system this late in the year.

9. Bawl Movement

Bawl Movement BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    C-Pep wants a 1 year deal which Jacksonville wasn't willing to do. He'll end up a Buc. Gruden just can't get enough QB's.