1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jahleel Addae out

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +348
  2. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    Fuc. Who isn't injured right now

3. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +535
    It was on one of his stupid kamikaze hits along he sideline. Was it Yeldon he was hitting? I don't recall. But it's predictable.

He's one I'm not all that scared to be without. He's a replacement level player and so we will replace him. Give McCoil more snaps and bring up McDonald if need be.

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I'm not so confident. Addae did a lot of work in the run game, even if he was a complete liability covering TEs.

The time is now for McCoil to step up, it's a huge opportunity for the kid to carve a permanent role with Addae on the sidelines.

5. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Addae would not be a starter for any other team in the league. He is our Brandon Merriweather.

He should be used as an in the box guy, for run support and as a blitzing SS/LB. Annnnnd that's about it.

Again, McCoil, McDonald and Phillips are still very, very raw - the Chargers fan base needs to understand this. To ask McCoil to replicate what Addae does and his role is on defense, would be taking away from McCoil's skill set.

Lowery is a guy who can replicate Addae, and what is asked of him - probably a better role for him to be honest. McCoil likes to play center field, and his biggest test is going to be Drew Brees at home in 2 weeks from now. Brees is known for making safeties bite and manipulating them with his eyes - that is going to be fun.

6. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    It's only 4 to 6 weeks, and Addae is a tough guy! He will be back in due time.