1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jamal Williams hurt?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by thejdog, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    God. If there was ever a team that needed a bye it's us. I'm happy that we're continuing to win with our backups at key positions, but it sure would be nice if we could get our injury-list whittled down to a manageable level.

2. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I'm pretty sure he was on the injury list last week.

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Jamal injured his ankle in the Donko game. What a shock--a defensive lineman with a leg injury sustained against the Donks. :icon_shrug:

It's not serious. Jamal was on the injury list last week, too.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    When all of our starters are back, this is going to be a monster of a team!!!!:bolt: :bolt:

5. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    We are only growing through this adversity. Winning with 25% of your team on the rack is very encouraging.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    Jamal hasn't been really having problems, its probably just sore or he kinda twisted it
    But yeah seeing him on the list does kinda scare you

Bye week come SOON!

7. Viejo Bolt

Viejo Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't know. He's not the same player he was earlier in the season. I think he may have been banged up even before the Denver game. Back as far as the Cincy game he's getting pushed back off the LOS way more than usual, and at times by a single blocker which you usually never see happen to Jamal. More than anything else, this defense needs him back healthy.

8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,058
    A Manageable level, would that be in the neighborhood of 20 :icon_shrug:

9. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    yes, I've noticed that, too. He seems to be less effective lately than in the first three or four games or so.

I would rest Castillo at least one more game. I think we need to adjust our defensive schemes to work around our thin resources. I'm not sure if that means blitzing more up the middle or what.... we need to see more pressure than we've had the last couple of weeks.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    jUst hearing any mention of jamall possibly be hurt makes me think it sure would be nice to have his understudy in place next year. There will be a couple of good ones in this next draft.

I haven't weeded through these guys. But i'm guessing about half of these guys might be possibilitys.

1 Franklin Okam , Texas , Jr
    2 Baraka Atkins , Miami , Sr
    3 Quinn Pitcock , Ohio State , Sr
    4 Jay Alford , Penn State , Sr
    5 Justin Harrell , Tennessee , Sr
    6 Brandon Mebane , California , Sr
    7 DeMario Pressley , NC State , Jr
    8 Kareem Brown , Miami , Sr
    9 Marcus Thomas , Florida , Sr
    10 Glenn Dorsey , LSU , Jr
    11 Alan Branch , Michigan , Jr
    12 Derek Landri , Notre Dame , Sr
    13 Sedrick Ellis , USC , Jr
    14 Ray McDonald , Florida , Sr
    15 Amobi Okoye , Louisville , Sr

11. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    I know you said you haven't sorted through any of them, but Landry would only be a good 4-3 Tackle. He would be a good 3-4 DE, but we have enough depth there to not use a high pick on him, as from what I have heard he should go in the first two rounds.

12. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    We are a Monster of a team without alot of these guys active. This last stretch of our season with the injuries sustained allows the 2nd fiddle guys get in and built chemistry.

As for Jamal, I wonder if Oben wants to switch sides and fill in. Try to pass over that tower in the middle of the field.

13. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    How about Johnathon Bailes from SDSU? Even though I'm not a big college football guy, I thought he would be a good pro from his freshman year. Any assessment of him? SDSU always seem to produce decent pro defensive players (Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, La'Roi Glover, Kirk Morrison, Brian Russell, Will Demps, etc.)

14. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I meant "manageable" in terms of me managing my blood-pressure. ;)

15. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I don't care where they find Jamall's backup and understudy. But I'm hoping next year they find him. Just the thought of loosing jamall totally changes how our defense plays.