1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jamal Williams looks forward to the chance to hit Philip Rivers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Yahoo Soprts

4-10-2010

Any past encounters between new Denver Broncos defensive tackle Jamal Williams(notes) and San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers(notes) have taken place at a Chargers practice, where Rivers has been protected by the red quarterback jersey.

Now that Williams is a Bronco, future encounters will include no such protection for Rivers. Williams, according to All Things Broncos, now looks forward to the opportunity to drill Rivers.
    “We text each other. We’re an hour ahead here, so I wake up and text him and say, ‘I’m an hour better than you young man. You don’t have that red jersey on during practice now,’” Williams said.
    I don't quite get the time zone taunting -- I guess LaDainian Tomlinson(notes) and his new East Coast time zone are better than either of them -- but I assume that last part means that Williams really wants to smash Rivers' face into the Mile High turf.

In a friendly way, of course.

It seems like they have a good-natured relationship, not that it will save Rivers if the 350-pound Williams and the 220-pound Rivers do end up colliding. Like Rivers, I'm a fan of Williams, too. I'd love to see him get healthy enough to contribute again, because when he's at his best, he's one of the league's finest defensive tackles.

I'm sure the Broncos would love to see it, too. In their last meeting against San Diego, they did not record a sack against Rivers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    if he doesnt get hurt first...

3. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    I think it is just jokes between Jamal and Philip, yet the media blows it to a much larger proportion.

4. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard FORMER Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +1,227
    One of the Broncos will cheap shot him in practice just from force of habit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,070
    when was the last time Big J hit a qb??

:icon_huh:

6. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703

:lol:

7. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Heck, when was the last time Jamal played a full season healthy???? :icon_huh:

• Like Like x 1
  8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,961
    I think Rivers can outrun Jamal. :icon_shrug::icon_huh:

9. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    :lol:Now that would be a great race!:lol:

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    it wouls look like a guy in logging boots running away from an upright bear.:lol:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Kind of like the Special Olympics, except these guys would lose the qualifying races.