1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jamal Williams/OLB's Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheBeast, Sep 28, 2008.

1. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Jamal looked like his own self practically nullifying the run. He also had a tipped ball and applied the pressure various times.

Our OLB's played excellent. Phillips had 1.5 sacks sharing one with castillo and apllied the pressure causing the dobbins int. with 3:49 left in the 3rd leading to a td. Tucker finished with a sack but pressured J-marc all day and Marquis harris caused that fumble that led to an LT td.

Good jobs guys!:tup:

Here are some week 4 defensive highlights: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b30c84

• Like Like x 3
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    When Jamal is on, the run D is much, much better.

And just like last year, Teddy is finally starting to release the hounds. Does his fat *** forget how to coach this D during the offseason? :icon_eek:

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Jamal is finally getting into game shape.

D played very good today.

4. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94
    Jamal had a great game today! He must have been my lucky charm. I switched jerseys right after half, to Jamal's, as I pulled it on, our luck changed. I'm all about the superstition. :yes:

I wore it from being to end last week, and look at that game. Thinking, I'm sticking with Jamal this season.
    :abq1::yes::abq2:

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    :tup:
    Keep wearing that Jersey!

:bolt::bolt:

6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is superstitious! :) gogo Jamal jersey!!

Our defense looked MUCH improved this week - Jamal was making tackles while being tackled!! It was nice to see them playing the way we know they can.

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Let's see ,first two games I watched them in the upstairs tv, the MNF game I watched it in the living room tv, first half this game upstairs, second half downstairs :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

EDIT: Also, how about some appreciation for Castillo?

• Like Like x 1
  8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I loved when he made that tackle while on he was on the turf!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Wore my Jamal last week - win. :tup:

Started out in the Jamal this week, switched to Cro at halftime - win.

WTF do I do next week?? :unsure:

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Paint your face, down a fifth of vodka, and go yelling in the streets.

That would be cool!!! :tup: :yes:

11. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    One of the best plays of the game, J-Ball took on two defenders, crushed them and still made the tackle on the RB at the line. Just monsterous when he is healthy.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Jamal is finally starting to knock that rust off

13. BajaBolt

BajaBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Big props to Jamal. He looked like his old self out there. Also, Luis was looking a little gassed at the end of the game, but he came through big time with that pressure on 3rd down.

Defense played pretty well and it must feel good for them to close out a game.

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Jamal needs to be used more in training camp and the exhibish. We are still digging ourselves out in great part because of his slow start. You can get away with allowing Gates and LT to take it a bit easy before the season, especially this year with Gates, but linemen need to get into a different kind of game shape and if they can't handle it, then they won't be worth much in the long season. Jamal appears to have been able to handle some action before the season.

15. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I have to share in part of the blame for the first 3 quarters.

I realized after the half that I wasn't wearing my Jersey. Right after I put it on Rivers was sacked!!!

Then my wife reminded me that I wasn't wearing my hat. As soon as I put that on the planets aligned and the Bolts started rolling.

I won't let that happen again.

16. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Yes, it's all true. Even though we were pushing a goose egg at halftime, and my Raider friend called to rub it in (I advised him to call me at halftime and not at the beginning of the game, since his sh*&talking would be nullified by then, boy was I wrong) I still had the belief that Rivers and Co. would start to pour it on. Run-on sentences are encouraged in my posts.
    Okay, so here is where the superstition kicks in, my girlfriend walks up and hands me a guinness in a mug(chilled to perfection) and tells me to sit back and relax. :yes: Okay, I wont go into details here, but look at how the second half turned out. A completely different team and I've no doubt it was because of the hum*#% and the guinness at halftime. I've since put in the order for the exact recipe before the start of the Dolphins game.

So when the Chargers start out hot next Sunday, you all will know why. And if the Chargers start out flat next Sunday, you can assume she decided to wake up early and go shopping instead.:bolt:

17. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    They held him out because they wanted to save his knees. They want him healthy for the stretch run, not for just the first half of a season. And if not for two fluke plays, we'd be 4-0 and no one would be questioning it.

18. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    Wife put "the" shirt in the damn wash.

Set the thing out in the AM and it got sucked up in the cleaning spree while I was working in the back yard pre-game. Came in to get ready to watch and was, "where the fuk is the shirt!" :icon_evil:

Thing was dry by half time. :abq2:

We got to keep our shet together people. Lots of superstition fukups this weekend.

Props to JMal and the outside. They brought the pressure!

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

Damn all MrsLash brought with my beer was a plate of nachos...
    guess that happens when you been together for 20+ years:lol:

I'm just glad they won, if they lost you might have had to declare that unlucky:lol:

I took the boy to starbucks and cooked breakfast while rocking my jersey as always so I'm not sharing the blame on this one sorry guys.

Oh and Jamal had his best game so far this year!
    Mad Man Love for Big Mal!!

20. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Harwick is a bit rusty. He isn't back at full form yet and it lead it two easy sacks...2 too many...I'm looking forward to seeing get back up to snuff and really make an impact in the offensive line.

21. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    If Jamal had been in game shape from the beginning, those two fluke plays wouldn't have mattered, and may, in fact, never have happened. Getting Jamal into game shape doesn't mean running him into the ground, but there is no excuse not to have him ready for game one. We are chasing the Donks right now instead of showing them out heels.

22. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    No doubt about it, I like many others I imagine, was wondering what Jamal had left. He showed up bigtime against the Raiders. Hope he can stay healthy and perform like that all the way to Feb 09.

He wasn't the only one that caught my eye though. Going back maybe 2 yrs I was a Jammer hater. Has he impressed me since or what. In my opinion he could be the best corner playing right now. That tackle on Russell at the goal line was incredible. He also had an exquisite pass breakup. Jammer is the real deal now. It is a pity u only get to the Pro Bowl with INTs.

Another who looks like he is about to play to the level his $$$ warrants is Luis. They talk about Chris Long's motor, well check out Castillo, he is as agressive and tough as they come when the rust is off. Again fingers crossed no injuries and we will see him have a monster year.

Lastly, I thought Tucker and Harris were amazing. It is great that Harris is getting so much playing time. He seems to love being in the middle of it.

23. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Jamal queued up Castillo, Tucker and Harris. When the big man is getting push the whole front 7 looks like a different unit.

Jammer's image pre 2007 was a shame. His mistakes were very high profile ones that made his solid play almost invisible. Those mistakes also led to blame that should have never been attributed to him...

Remember that leaping Ashley Lelie TD catch in Denver a few years ago? Jammer had Lelie blanketed. Perfect position, perfect timing perfect everything. The only problem was that the pass was also perfect and so was Lelie's catch. It wasn't a bad defensive play, it was just a great offensive play. But man, did Jammer catch **** for that play on the boards. He's largely been treated more harshly than he has deserved.

24. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Jamal getting back to form is timely. The Fish need to run the ball to keep the game from getting out of hand.