1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

James Harrison is a punk

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Helljumper, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    [​IMG]

More reason to hate the Steelers.

He's lucky Arizona downed the punt at the 1 yard line so the penalty only moved them back half a yard.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Stupid and uncalled for act.....but would you say that if he were a Charger?

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yeah, that was retarded... though I don't hate the Steelers.
    They're not my team but IMO, they've always been a class act.

4. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    Yeah, especially if it was called for a more severe penalty, potentially costing the team a Super Bowl.

BTW, does anyone have another video or gif besides the one I posted, because I'm pretty sure that before the GIF I posted starts, Harrison punches the guy a couple of times. (You know, the same thing that Dielman got kicked out of a game for? Except that Harrison's was much more blatant and followed by more classless moves)

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    He did but why hate the Steelers for the actions of one player?

6. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    If he was a Charger he would have probably been thrown out, and trust me if an idiotic play like that cost us the SB you'd see a lot worse than him being called a punk.

7. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    That's not the only reason I hate them.

Really I can't even say I hate them. It's more of envy :icon_sad:

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Well, up until I saw that play, I thought Harrison would be named MVP.

9. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    There was also a uncalled block in the back on the 100 yard return for by Harrison. Just watch the replay and you'll see Hightower get shoved from behind.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Well join the club. :unsure:

Sometimes I wonder why I love this team so much. I mean, we've had some great seasons for the past four years and there are some times to be proud of in the past, but it still ain't easy.

11. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334

Did it cost us the Super Bowl?....... punk what does that refer too?

Word:icon_huh:

12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Well if he was a Charger and the Chargers won the SB, Harrison committing a stupid penalty would be the last thing on our minds.

Now I don't know him as a person and I'm not the one calling him a punk but I've seen a lot worse said about our players by Charger fans.

13. SD Native WY

Ratings:
    +334
    Doesn't matter now.

14. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I don't know that I'd call him a punk, but a case can be made that he should have been ejected for that play. Especially after Dielman got ejected for a phantom punch during the reg season.

15. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    :lol: so glad someone else saw that!! I was screaming at the TV hehehe

The Bolts were called for that crap soooo many times this season when it didn't exist! Also - why wasn't the guy who threw a punch at the coach on the AZ sideline thrown out!? Such ref bias it was ridiculous - just like there was ALL season long. Worse offciated season ever. :tdown:

At least AZ gave it to them and made a game of it, despite everything going against them. :tup:

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yes, as the resident 'PUNK' please refrain from callin Thugs and Goons 'Punks' it gives us 'Punks' a bad name.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter!

:lol:

17. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...This is the same guy that was for some reason assigned to Santonio Holmes for most of the night. Poor guy had a rough night :icon_sad: This play was abusive for sure. He was late hitting, taunting, you name it Harrison did it to him. He outweighs him by 40 pounds though, so it would be nice to see him try that with someone his size or bigger.

Your point about the 12 to 18 inch penalty that it incurred, brings up some of the weird nuances that appear with the way penalties are applied. You can have a 99 yard touchdown play, on either side of the ball, called back by a 5 yard infraction, even if the actual penalty had no effect on the play. How many 3rd and 20s or sometimes even 4th down plays convert to a first down on a simple bump by a defender that may or may not have even occured?

18. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I used to like Harrison until that play. Classless and uncalled for and dude should have been ejected and fined.

19. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Is it just me or have the steelers throughout the playoffs been a completely unclassy douchebag team? Between throwing the ball around like crazy after our game was basically over to these sort of cheap shots, they really don't seem to act with any sort of class.

And yet somehow they get every break under teh sun from the refs

20. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Thug is a good term for this jerk. I cant even watch that little bit of video without feeling sick to my stomach.
    It was basically a beat-down. Every time Francisco tried to get up, Harrison just pushed him back down again.

Pathetic. Every fiber of my body wants to scream at him.

He got away with a wimpy penalty. The umps should be embarassed.

The Cards got over-penalized so much, especially in the second half. They did make some of their own mistakes.

The NFL didnt need this brainless exhibit shown over and over and then over again on the internets on a national stage. So, in the NFL, you can get away with this. For shame.:icon_evil:

I would have been sad if the Cardinals had lost and the game been refereed and the Steelers won fair and square.

I have to mention the 2 plays that the Cards had to challenge, both of which were overturned. In essence, the refs FAILED on those calls, too. And the Cards had to burn 2 challenges on bad calls.

Between piss-poor referreeing and thug-like Steeler behavior(that they essentially got away with), teh Cards had no chance. :no:

edit: And ONE more thing. The Steelers should have been called for Holding so many times I lost count. Ben could run around all day back there as long as he wanted to.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Now, is all this happening because it is in some form of retaliation because Francisco went for Harrison’s knees earlier?

22. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Only thing I see wrong in that play is Francisco being a p.ussy. You don't have to come up swinging or anything, but jeezus man... show a little fight!

He didn't punch him, he didn't hit him from behind, didn't hit him low. He's holding him down (the way they teach you to) and when he tries to get up, he hits him again!

This ain't flag football and it was the gawdam Superbowl.

Francisco came off lookin' pretty spineless in that exchange.

23. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'd take Harrison in Bolt's in a heartbeat.

24. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Fu.ck yes.

I wish all our guys played with his tenacity.

25. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    ^^Exactly, our defensive players are to soft.

26. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Do ya think the NFL will level a fine on Harrison?

27. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Punk should of been booted for his cheap punkness.:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  28. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636

I guess you didn't see the whole replay, He DID punch him in the back while Francisco was kneeling and looking down

• Like Like x 1
  29. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    That's not a punch. A punch is a closed fist. Also probably would have been thrown at his head, rather than the back of his shoulder.

His nickname is "Silverback"... so I don't know why people are worked up over this play.

Only problem I have with it is the penalty aspect. But this was during a punt. right? So his back is to the return man. His job is to block Francisco and make sure he doesn't make the tackle.

He did his job. Francisco puussed out.

30. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I hope Ron Rivera adds a bit of a mean streak into our defense, if we're going to get called for it make it a good shot.