1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

James Harrison loves his pit bull Patron and wants him to live

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, May 27, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Wed May 27, 2009
    By MJD

Steelers linebacker James Harrison's two-year-old son is recovering after being attacked by his dad's pit bull, Patron. Everyone will be happy to know that the little guy's doing better. He's walking around, according to Harrison's agent, and there's no muscle damage, nerve damage or infection. So that's good news.

The animal may be getting some good news, too. James Harrison is trying to find a way to keep the dog from being put down.

The original plan was to hand the dog over to Animal Control, and they'd send him into the doggie afterlife after a 10-day quarantine. Now, though, they're trying to find a place to take and rehabilitate the animal.

Some may find that a controversial decision. The general rule -- and it's not an unreasonable one -- seems to be that if a dog attacks a person, that dog's got to go. Especially if it's attacked a baby. We can't have dogs running around eating babies.

But James Harrison loves his dog. So much so that he named him after a tequila that is very popular among rappers. And I can understand that; I love my dogs, too. My collie Tanqueray, my basset hound Grey Goose, my shetland sheepdog Crown Royal Reserve ... they'll all wonderful animals.

And it's not like Harrison's talking about keeping the dog in his house. It's not like he's going to cover his baby in steak sauce and let the dog sleep next to his crib. He just wants to explore the option of the dog living with a rescue organization, far far away from anyone he could hurt. I don't see the harm in that.

I think Harrison's fair game for criticism related to having a dog that would attack a baby in the first place (though he probably feels terrible enough about that as it is), but I don't see the harm in wanting to let the dog live, as long as it was always supervised and controlled and not in a position to attack anyone else.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...t=Auh0_ihrQl9ltfEeyD10pdlDubYF?urn=nfl,166202

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  3. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I think this writer is trying to be a little too clever considering the gravity of the situation. Is it really a joke to refer to dogs going around 'eating babies' or to 'cover his baby in steak sauce and let the dog sleep next to his crib'. A little amateur hour if you ask me.

But if his statement/opinion in the final paragraph is how he really feels and not just sarcasim, then I agree. Problem is, the dog can NEVER be 100% supervised for the rest of its life. You can NEVER guarantee that the animal will never have the chance to do this again. Just not worth the risk...

Sad stuff, what is it with irresponsible athletes inadvertently hurting their children this week?

4. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Seems most black guys have Pit Bulls when they have a dog....must be a kind of status thing, i dont know.

Just take it to the place where Vicks dogs were rehabbed. That guy is real good. All i know if my dog did that to my kid, he would be outta there but they can get the dog trained and that dog town guy is really good.

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Bad idea James.

You should'a went to the White House too.

But, that was a choice.

When the family dog maliciously attacks your child and puts him in the hospital. There is no choice.

Kill that filthy beast.

6. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Maybe his kid started it; ever think of that? A peta wierdo may argue the dog is innocent and the kid may have overstayed thier welcome. Perhaps for the dogs sanity and peace of mind is of the utmost importance and the kid needs to be put down.

Dude I totally agree with you James Harrison is a filthy beast that should be killed. :bolt:

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :lol: Nice.

(BTW - I'd kill my dog in a heartbeat if he bit my kid. Doesn't matter what the kid did.)

BTWW - My dog has (allegedly) bitten two people. All non family, all non lethal and neither drew any blood or caused injury that required any real attention. He's a goofy dog with some issues, but he has never... ever... ever... been aggressive toward my kid or any other kid. I love him to death. But I say again... he'd be put to death in an instant if he did something like this to my kid or any other kid.

8. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Couldn't agree with you more; I would be rocking a number 7 falcons jersey; and hitting up my asian friend for a bbq... Harrison is retarded, totally retarded.

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    This is why I have dogs I can punt.

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :icon_rofl:

11. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    :yes:

12. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    kill the dog.
    and this is coming from a dog lover.

seriously, if a human ever attacked my kid viciously enough to put him in the hospital, I would slowly and painfully kill the mother phucker.

same if a dog does it. or any other living creature.