1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

James Harrison refuses to go to the White House.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Helljumper, May 17, 2009.

1. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976

and if I was a betting man, I would lay some good odds that is the main reason why a lot of people are mad at him. They will never have the opportunity to go, and he brushed off like he was going to a movie or getting his haircut.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    James Harrison supports terrorism.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Question for everybody here... I understand the privilege that Harrison was offered and what a big invite it was BUT if you could go anywhere, meet anyone... would meeting the president (despite of who is in office) be one your top list?

It wouldn't be on mine. Yes... I would except the invite but it that case, there's many other things I'd rather do.
    A tour through the Playboy Mansion with Hugh Hefner.
    A tour with H.R. Giger in his gallery/museum in Switzerland.
    A tour with Dean Spanos through Qualcomm Stadium.
    Hang out in SPV studios while Type O Negative is recording their new album.
    The list goes on.

It wasn't a big interest for him, there for it was no big deal to him... and people should just accept that.

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    A tour on the girls gone wild tour bus... :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  5. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    And a Beer Truck in that convoy.

6. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    I think he is a moron. He could have just politely said....I won't be attending, appreciate the invite, but for personal reason I won't be attending.

Yeah they only invite people that won the superbowl. But hey they only give rings to people that win too, so maybe make a statement and give it back.

It's not what he said, and it is his right. Others have passed. It's how he said it. Maybe it wasn't what he meant, and maybe it's overblown, but that generally happens when you say stupid things.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Bad karma for him not going.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4199432

8. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
  9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
  10. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    "That Harrison Boy is about as sharp as a Bowling Ball...." -Foghorn Leghorn

[​IMG]

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Who really cares???? I mean it isn't like any of us are going to get that invite. May be he has better things to do, may be the truth is he believes the whole thing's phony, they didn't win the war, they won a fawkin game!!!!!!! Big fawking deallllllllll.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,358
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    Anyone shocked that a douchbag like this owns a pit?

I'm sure there is someone on this board who owns a pitbull, would you please explain to me what is the purpose of having a dog that is pure muscle, has jaws that snap like a bear trap, and turns into a killer at the taste of blood is? I just don't get it.

14. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    What's the purpose of owning any animal?

15. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    Oh yeah, I guess we do hear about a lot of turtles attacking 2yr olds.:yes:

16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    it is, I know it is, I am here to tell you!!!!

17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,358
    While I'd never own a pit, a friend of mine (who does animal rescue and fosters for animals) told me that Chiuauas and Cocker Spaniels bite more people than pit bulls. Obviously, bites by those two breeds aren't nearly as devastating when compared to a pit.

Some dogs when turned mean, get REALLY MEAN. Pits are just one of those breeds.

18. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Duh.

[​IMG]

19. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    Chiuauas don't count as dogs, and I know cocker spaniels get snippy sometimes, but I doubt either is likely to kill a child when it turns. Where as we all know a pitbull could easily kill a child.

I'm sorry if it offends anyone here, but I hold no pity for any grown person who gets mauled by their own pitbull.

20. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I have two pit bulls, both are very good animals and have never been trained to be aggressive. I know for a fact they are one of the most misunderstood breeds of dog's though.They are very loyal, kind and more or less a one family dog and love to be around people.

One thing for sure, they will protect their territory with their life and never think twice about it. You may break into my house at night but I know for a fact you ain't getting out in one piece, I sleep real well and don't have to keep a loaded firearm near by.

21. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    Its nothing personal, just be ready when the neighbor kid loses his ball in or around your yard, those dogs are a lawsuit waiting to happen.

22. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    How is that different from any other animal? Have you ever owned a pit? I have, and it was a loving dog. The neighborhood kids loved it, and it played with them.

I have seen dogs attack. Chow Chows were the most common. German Shepard's attack every now and again.

Mostly you have to look at the owners. Sometimes it is the breed. For a while the American Doberman Pincher was bred to have too small of a skull. The animals would grow to maturity and either die, or attack people. It was because the brain outgrew the skull.

There are a lot of reasons dogs attack. Rarely if ever is it because it is an evil breed.

I have people tell me my belgian malinois is a vicious breed. Because they see the police using them. But it is a smart loving breed. The police use them because of their intelligence and breed habit of thinking before reacting. I guess if you saw someone brought down for real, buy a police malinois you might misinterpret it as a vicious dog. But it is just doing what the dog it trained to do...

So if you see a vicious pit, most likely it is because the owner is trying to make it that way.

23. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,366
    You are using anecdotal evidence to argue against a statistical reality. Statistically, pit bulls are among the most likely breeds to attack a person. This does not mean that every individual dog is "bad" or "vicious. But being able to cite an example of a sweet loving pit bull also does not change the statistical reality. The reality is that pit bulls have been bred for their aggressiveness for centuries. Not surprisingly, this makes them more likely to be aggressive.

24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Please provide evidence of this 'statistical' data you refer to. Because I think that there is none.

You look at the people who want big, bad dogs and you will see that they MAKE the dogs mean...

That is your statistics...

25. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696

Blah blah blah, of course you can count all the mini factors that go into it.......my point is when was the last time you heard of a Golden Retriever biting a womans face off, or attacking little kids?

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    BOTTOM LINE... Who Cares?!!!

MANY people in America own pitbulls. So stop looking for excuses for your haterd!!!

As you put your swastika arm band on... why not also attack people who own pools? Pools have taken children's lives. So have guns, fireworks, knives, dirt bikes, power tools... the list goes on.
    So I guess anybody who owns those things is a douche bag too? Why not?

Now I think that's ashame about the kids getting attacked by the pitbulls but that's not the issue with certain posters in here. Their issue is about the owner.
    Hell... if he got a parking ticket, you all would be saying "you see... He violates parking laws and he doesn't love Obama!!! Execute his sorry ***!!!" :yes:

27. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Conc is right, you are dead wrong. Why do you hear about pits in the news? because they are bad ***, if taught that way. My dog's have never been subject to that so I have no fear and my neighbors know of my dogs and love me having them.

28. sickswonnyne

Ratings:
    +79
    Hahah I actually got bit by mine when I was little! I was trying to feed it raw hamburger.

29. sickswonnyne

Ratings:
    +79
    Touche'

30. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    News at eleven. ( Attack by an Alligator Snapping Turtle bites off 2 hands of a 2 yr old by the Bayou ). :icon_tease:

Now to get this thread back on topic. I could care less that Harrison does not wants to see the President because he played for the Champions of the Super Bowl. The reasoning was kind of lame Imo. If he would have said I just do not want to, to the Media then to me that would be fine. It should be his choice and not be forced to. Again my opinion.