1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

James Lofton vs. Norv Turner?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Mar 19, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7924024/Davis-shows-why-Raiders-remain-dysfunctional

This is a good article with plenty of comedy on the current state of the Raiders if someone wants to use it to start another thread but, this caught my eye,

This is first that I have heard this. If true that's pretty ******.

2. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    You think Lofton wanted Norv's job? If he did it was a good strategy getting the players on his side.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Hmmmmm... Very interesting but I'm not buying till I see other sources.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    But what makes him think that if Norv were fired, he'd get the job?

5. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Well I figure he was getting the itch to take over a team. Maybe he saw an opportunity, if Norv got fired early in the season after the horrible start. Either that or he was a Marty man.

6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Anybody dumb enough to hire Lofton as a head coach at this time deserves what they would get. Davis bringing him on board is a further attempt by Davis to Sandbag Kiffen. As much as I dislike Al Davis, I would find it delicious and delightful to be in Kiffin's shoes right now. Enough money coming to keep body and soul together for the future and sticking it to Al at the same time. If Davis ever hires lofton as a head coach, I will probably wake up in the middle of the night with sticky underwear, wondering what the hell happened.

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    quoted from one of the posts after the article

(changed the donkies to the Bolts)

A JR High school in Oakland, CA is having a Black & Sliver day on a Friday before the Raiders and the hated Bolts play on that Sunday. A teacher walks into her classroom looks around at all of the kids wearing Raiders jerseys, but one. The teacher notices a little girl wearing a Bolt jersey.

The teachers says very annoyed to the little girl in front of the entire class "Why do you have a Broncos jersey on young lady? Don't you know this is Black & Sliver country?"

The little girl says, "yes, but I am a Broncos fan, like my parents"

The teacher says "Why do you have too be like your parents? THIS IS BLACK & SLIVER COUNTRY! just look around"

The little girl says, "Because my parents are Broncos fans and that makes me a Bolt fan too"

The teacher says, "You don't have too be like your parents, What if your parents where morons? What would that make you?"

The little girl says, "A RAIDER FAN"

a classic, but still funny!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

8. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

:lol::lol::lol:

9. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    It cracks me up that the chokeland fans are now clinging to Al Davis being the engineer of the current NFL landscape.

that a-hole was tea baggin Baron Hilton back in the day

:yes::yes::yes:

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

• Like Like x 1