1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jammer does jam job on Moss

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Feb 7, 2006
    There’s a certain confidence that goes with playing one of the most demanding positions on the football field, and Chargers cornerback Quentin Jammer showed that Sunday night, in both word and deed.

“I feel like I can shut anybody in this league down,” Jammer said. “Randy (Moss) is a big challenge for me. Any time I can face guys like that, of course I get up for it, but I feel like I can shut anybody down. You have to have that mindset to play in this league.

Jammer spent the night lined up across from the perennial receiver Sunday, and the cornerback’s physical play resulted in a long night for Moss, who finished the game with just three catches for 26 yards. Jammer had five passes defensed and recorded his first interception of the season.

On New England’s first drive of the night, Moss had a chance to hit a homerun and give the Patriots an early lead when quarterback Matt Cassel targeted his big receiver down the field. At the last second, Jammer got a hand on the ball and batted it away, denying Moss of a potential 36-yard touchdown catch.

Midway through the second quarter, Cassel swung for the fences again as he aimed for Moss on a potential 29-yard touchdown pass. Moss appeared to catch the ball, but at the last second Jammer stabbed it out of the receiver’s hand, forcing New England to settle for a field goal.

The significance of both plays is magnified when one considers that Moss is a deceptive player and doesn’t give defenders any cues that the ball is about to arrive.

“Moss is hard to read because he throws his hands up at the last second to catch the ball,” Jammer said. “The first one I got a hand on. The second one, he caught it and I kind of poked it out. He’s a tough guy to read, a tough guy to cover.”

Jammer’s stellar performance wasn’t the first time he’s turned in a strong outing against Moss in 2008. In January’s AFC Championship Game, Jammer intercepted a pass intended for Moss and held the All-Pro to just one catch for 18 yards.

“Quentin is tough on Moss because Jam plays so physical,” safety Clinton Hart said. “When you get in (Moss’s) face and jam him, he doesn’t like it. He likes a free run. Jam did a great job tonight of pressing him making things tough. (Jammer) had a great night.”

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Jammer and Cro played man up all game; it's about time!! :tup:

Hopefully they continue doing so!! :icon_toast:
  3. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Jan 13, 2006
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Jan 19, 2006
    Jammer is having by far his best season ever, he is truly playing like a shut down corner
  5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Aug 15, 2006
    Jammer dominated last night.