1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jammer laughs off latest snub

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

By Kevin Acee, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    Thursday, December 31, 2009

SAN DIEGO – Quentin Jammer didn’t make the Pro Bowl again, perhaps something everyone should accept just isn’t going to happen.
    Jammer has accepted it. Sort of.
    “I still make comments to my wife like, ‘I got snubbed again,’ ” he said yesterday, a day after Pro Bowl voting was announced. “It’s a running joke around the house — ‘All right, today Daddy is going to be pretty (mad). The Pro Bowl team was announced.’ ”
    Jammer laughed long and loud before saying, “It doesn’t really make me mad, I know what I mean to this team, and that’s all that matters.”
    Indeed.
    For the first time in his eight seasons, Jammer was recognized in voting by his teammates as their Defensive Player of the Year. Actually, befitting a team that has relied on so many players, Jammer shared the honor with linebacker Shaun Phillips, whose big plays saved the team on many drives.
    “I think it means more that my teammates voted me in than some guy who doesn’t know diddly squat about football,” Jammer said.
    Jammer, who tied Antonio Cromartie for the team lead with three interceptions, has been targeted 78 times and allowed just 41 receptions this season. The 52.6 percent completion rate is ninth-best among AFC cornerbacks who were targeted as often as Jammer. But only two of the players ahead of Jammer allowed fewer yards on those receptions.
    The selection of the three cornerbacks voted onto the AFC Pro Bowl squad can’t be argued. The New York Jets’ Darrelle Revis has six interceptions and allowed just 39 receptions in 103 times targeted. Oakland’s Nnamdi Asomugha remains the most feared corner in the game, as he was targeted just 30 times all season (though he allowed 21 completions). Nine-time Pro Bowler Champ Bailey of Denver allowed just 43 receptions in 92 times targeted.
    “The guys who are in it definitely belong; they had great seasons,” Jammer said. “But what did I do that was so different from what they did?”

2. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    He knows like politics its all about what the people are told to think. And they are so easily influenced by the media. And jammer gets no media attention.:yes:

3. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    mhhh....he's unavailable anyway. He'll be in the film room prepping for the game the following week.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I love this comment... "It doesn’t really make me mad, I know what I mean to this team, and that’s all that matters.” :bolt: :tup:

So glad we got him till 2013! :bolt: :bolt:

5. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Jammer just gets on with the job and gives 100% every game for the team. Hes one of the best DB's in the league imo.Im glad he will be around for the years to come.

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Jammer is one of the best out there and has always been a team first guy. I believe him when he say's it doesn't really bother him, a
    real stand up dude on the field and in life.

7. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I totally agree a Million %.

Just my opinion here. I think Jammer is one of the Best Ever to wear the Chargers Uniform.

8. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    As a safety. :icon_rofl:

Seriously though, after LT, Jammer is the guy I will be most pleased to see get a ring. A guy that is totally undervalued everywhere but San Diego.

9. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Jammer has that DB position locked down for years to come

he's one of if not the best DB in the league right now but with no media hype

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Don't laugh, Jammer will pull a Rod Woodson and move to safety to extend his career. :tup: :icon_toast: :abq2:

11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Oh, I know. I'm laughing cos I thought it might stir up that ol hornets nest of guys who wanted him as a safety about 3 yrs ago and those who did not!!.

Since then ofcourse Jammer has said it himself he knows the only way to prolong his career is to become a safety.