1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jammer quietly enjoying another strong season

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Dec 13, 2007.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/jammer-quietly-enjoying.htm

As cornerback Antonio Cromartie has abruptly jumped onto the scene as the NFL’s leader in interceptions, coaches preparing to face the Chargers have recently been asked if they plan to throw away from the second-year player.

It’s not a bad idea in and of itself, but as Lions Head Coach Rod Marinelli pointed out Wednesday, it’s not that simple.

“(Number) 23 is a heck of a player, too,” said Marinelli, referring to six-year veteran Quentin Jammer.

Last week, Titans quarterback Vince Young essentially provided the same answer when asked if he’d shy away from Cromartie, citing the strong play of his fellow University of Texas alum.

Jammer’s play this season has spoken for itself, and he appreciates the fact that he can quietly do his job while Cromartie receives the attention from fans and the media, attention that Jammer agrees is very well deserved.

“Let him have all the attention. I like that,” Jammer said. “When he wasn’t on the Pro Bowl ballot I told them to take my name off and put him on. None of that matters to me. I just want to go out and play football. That’s my only thing. I just like to go out there and have fun.”

Despite missing most of three games with a hamstring injury, Jammer is having another solid season. He makes no qualms about the fact that he’s still looking for his first interception of the season, mostly because teams haven’t taken big chances his way. Instead, Jammer focuses on the fact that he’s getting his job done in other areas.

“I haven’t given up any touchdowns,” Jammer said. “I’m not having many opportunities for interceptions either. The only thing I can do is tackle and bat down passes. I feel like I’m getting that done every week.”
    Click on link for rest of article

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    I think we have ourselves a historical set of bookends at corner. When in the history of this team have we ever had two corners as good as these two?

3. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

That's right, gaze in awe at the awesomeness that is JAMMER!

4. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Over the years, I have seen glimpses of genius, and cringed with Jammer, this year, he has finally matured into a GREAT Corner!!! He hits hard, and makes less bonehead mistakes...

Now if these two just had been on the 80's era Fouts team.... :tup::lol:

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    He's the best tackler in our secondary hands down and when a receiver makes a catch the thing I like is he makes them pay for it (most of the time).

6. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Right around 4:40
    <object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/onj-jEJjs4o&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Could be interesting if he ever sits next to Weddle and Safety when and if Oliver emerges at the Corner and lines up with Cro.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    There's always SOMEbody who has to go there ..... :icon_tease:

Jammer would make a GREAT safety - someday we'll have the personnel to try it. :tup:

9. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    We are experiencing a defensive renaissance these days, and I think it will get even better next year.

10. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I know and I wanted to to go there but I didn't. Dude loves to hit. :bolt:

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I've heard some say that watching Jammer was like watching a car wreck, but I don't think this is what they meant. :icon_rofl:

I love QJ. He's just so sound in all that he does. Not flashy like Cro, but he'll stay glued to his receiver and he'll knock you the phuck out.

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    He has played great this season.

I wish he'd accept a move to Safety, I think we all know he'd EXCEL there.

13. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    It's harder to find a good CB than a good safety (but for whatever reason we can't find too many good safeties.)

Jammer isn't going to move to safety until later in his career. Everyone just needs to get over that notion. We now have two good CB's in Jammer and Cro, and Gordon will most likely be the nickel next season.

A guy who might move to safety is Paul Oliver. He hits similar to Jammer, and has pretty good ball skills. After he was drafted, the UT made mention that SD might consider him as a safety.

The secondary, always SD's achilles heel, seems to be coming along. Jammer, Cro, Weddle, Gordon, Oliver .... one or two more pieces and we're set for quite a few years.

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Brandon Flowers. :yes:

15. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I have always given Jammer credit for this. His tackling, for the most part, is textbook. U can always tell when someone is getting tackled by Jammer, even before u read his jersey or see his number. His style of tackling is great to watch. Do I wish he had all those ints. and was a perennial probowler, hell ya. But if nothing changes and he plays like this for the rest of his career, I would consider him a successful pick, even as a #5 overall.

16. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Either way, with Oliver, QJ, Cro and Weddle in the secondary, we have a group better than any since the days of Charlie McNeil and Speedy Duncan. If Oneil can hit like Jammer, then by all means put him at safety. Mox Nix to me. I just haven't seen enough of Oliver to be sure.

17. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Well I am trying to get the NFL Draft forum up and running for the site as the draft really is my forte! A couple of days ago I said we should get Brandon Flowers from Virginia Tech and either move Jammer to safety or Flowers to safety! Check him out, I live in South Carolina so I am all around ACC here with Duke, NC etc about 2 hours away!

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Keep repping Flowers for me, LTX!! :lol:

Would love to see him at SD, as I'm a big VT fan. Just not sure that we'll be in a position to get him, AND we need more beef. :tup:

19. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Quentin Jammer: A 35 mph car crash waiting to happen :abq2:

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Heh
    So what mph car crash would a hit by:
    Merriman
    phillips
    Jamal Williams
    Igor Olshansky
    Marlon Mcree

be?

21. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    A big@$$ car crash, thats for sure :lol:

22. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    McCree is like backing into a shopping cart.

23. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl: