1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jammer talking Smack

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by mapcap55, Nov 16, 2006.

1. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66
    Found this over at the broncos forum:

Check out some of the posts:

2. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    It's nice to see Jammer talking a little smack, maybe it will be the springboard for him to step up his game a bit. Even though I thought Jammer probably did the best against Cincy, he definitely left room for improvement. He talked like he totally shut down Chad. To me if you say you've played against the best, that should mean you shut down the best.......he didn't.

3. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Neither of Chad's TD's were Jammer, first was Zone, second was Cro. He has reason to talk, but Javon will be a LOAD, and my guess will be Denver will line him up against Flo and Cro.....not Jammer, who if he gets a couple of more picks in the second half could be a ProBowler.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Agreed. :tup:

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    is that really smack talk?

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I did not want to start a new thread but caught this:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=49458

BroncoFanCam

I may sound like a prick here, but I think we are VERY fortunate to be 7-2 at this stage.

We've gotten lucky playing some really good teams when they were nowhere near at their peak (NE looked like a girls volleyball team when we played them, KC had just lost their long-time QB, PITT had problems at QB as well, it was obvious Benji was still in a fog), I guess I don't see much reason to disagree with them. As far as I can see from the games we have played, we could EASILY be 5-4 or worse yet 4-5.

Our offense doesn't scare anyone, and a half-decent defense can make US look like the girls previously mentioned. (See Raiders), that coupled with a pretty darn good offense spells trouble for us.

In the past we have been able to go after LT and not worry a whole heck of a lot about their passing game, but Rivers changes that. We know champ can take away their #1 WR, lets hope Darrent is up to the task on the other side, and perhaps even a good QB can be taken out of the game, letting us focus on LT again.

I will be screaming "GO BRONCOS!!!" Like the rest of us, booing SD at every turn, and praying to God Almighty that we can eek this one out.

But I am not going to go into shock if we somehow don't.

If ever there was a week for the crowd to be insanely disruptive, this is it..

7. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    ______ suxx....:icon_rofl:

8. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    What I was getting at is, remember the play when Jammer came back on the back and knocked it down on the reach around? Everyone saw it, commentators talked about it. That's what I want. I want to see plays to show he is a shutdown corner. Look at the best corners out there, opposing teams go at them and they make plays to deserve that title. With Jammer, a lot of folks here assume that Jammer is doing great because you don't hear him name much because they rarely throw his way. I WANT team to challenge him and I want him to answer the call.

Hey, Jammer is still my boy!

9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Jammer had two passes defensed in that game against Cincy. He knocked the pass you mentioned down, he wrestled the ball away from a much bigger Chris Henry on a fade pattern, and he was in perfection position to knock down a few more, if not for Carson Palmer's perfect throws.

Jammer played his *** off in that game. He was the only secondary player who was really worth a damn.

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    LT vs. the Broncos at Mile High:

2001 14 for 75
    2002 14 for 48
    2003 8 for 29
    2004 22 for 60
    2005 19 for 53

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

11. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    No Ant, its not smack talk. But Jamcracker may have made a mistake saying it anyway. He better be a shutdown corner against Walker, maybe pick a few passes off.

12. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I agree, look at my previous posts. That game he stepped up a bit. What I am trying to get at is if he is going to start talking smack I hope that he now feels a certain level of confidence in himself. It's one thing to predict the season as he did a couple of years ago about how many INT's he predicted, but to talk some chit during the season.....I hope that is a good sign that he is ready to step on up with the big boys!!!:tup:

13. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I feel that will change come Sunday Night. Drew never gave them reason to respect him. Rivers has shown that with no respect (hell, even if you do respect him) he will burn you. That has to open things up for LT. I know that LT is a team player, but you can't help but feel that he wants to get 100 against them.:yes:

14. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23

I agree.... Palmer was on target all day.... sometimes, you just can't defend against a perfect pass, no matter how good your coverage skills are. But Jam made some plays in the second half. Maybe if we have some better safety play, our corners can take a few more chances like that and come up closer to defend some of those quicker passes. Jammer is also one hell of a tackler.

Cro needs to be more consistent. On Johnson's long 71 yard TD grab, Cro tried to make a tackle by grabbing at his shoulders instead of just tackling him by his legs. He was certainly close enough and has the speed to come up behind and dive at his legs to make the tackle. I hope that this gets addressed and corrected. That shouldn't have gone for a TD after the catch.

Also, he seems to miss some tackles from being a bit tentative. Yet, at times he's incredible..... like when he sprinted across the field against the browns and hauled down Northcutt before he got to the endzone. He saved the bolts 4 points on that hustle. Just need consistency from everyone.

15. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    It has.....Florence is starting!!!:yes:

16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Jammer gave up 6 catches total on Sunday vs the Bengals. 4 to Chad and 2 to TJ. 2 of those 6 came on zone coverages. From watching the tape I'd say he gave up approx 65 yards total on those 6 plays.

Now... Palmer was in a zone. The Bengals offense was firing on all cylinders... and all Jammer gave up was 6 catches??? 4 to a guy who is probably the second best receiver in the league (behind s.smith).

NO TDs. That's key. I have no doubt he's gonna play well against Walker.

I think if anyone has a big day, it'll be R.Smith or Kirkus against the other DBs or LBs.

17. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Jammer will play well against the Broncos but it will be Smith not Walker as Denver will line up Walker against Flo or Cro...(hopefully Cro) As you all might know the TD that Cro gave I was very unclear if it was blown coverage....It looked to me like Cro was expecting help over the top and didnt get it!

BOLTS FOREVER ,DONKS NEVER!!!

18. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    WHAT I THINK IS DENVER CANT STOP l.t FOREVER ITS TIME FOR HIS BREAKOUT GAME AGAINT THE BRONCETTES 137 YARDS 2 RUSHING T.D'S AND 54 RECIEVING WITH ANOTHER TEETER FOR A TOTAL OF 3 TO GIVE HIM 21 ON THE SEASON,I BLEED BLUE AND GOLD I SMELL SOLE POSSESION OF FIRST PLACE FOR THE BLUE N GOLD

19. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Not to mention Johnson juked Cro out of his socks. No biggie, happens to a rookie
    I would avoid zone as much as possible and keep Jammer on walker with mcree over the top as much as possible

20. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I am liking that Jammer is talking smak.

McCree and Jammer will be delivering the smacks when it comes game time.