1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jarryd Hayne NRL star linked to the chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by mettadown, Dec 21, 2014.

1. mettadown

mettadown BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +29
    I'm from New Zealand and I've seen this guy play week to week. He plays in the NRL which is rugby league, its a game like rugby union but slightly more similar to football. He's an absolute freak, one of those players you hold your breath whenever he touches the ball, one of the best this part of the world has to offer, if we get him as a kick returner or RB I'll be stoked. He's already signed a futures contract but it won't get announced to which team until March 10.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/more-sp...163651297?nk=163f9aca20928c22f9741351fda95ebb

2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Interesting. What is Kabbadi?

3. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    Not related to me

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,160
  5. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    Will have to get that jersey for sure

6. Boltz_from_Oz

Boltz_from_Oz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +143
    I've heard he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. I think he might struggle with a playbook, particularly when plays are changed at the line of scrimmage. He also runs a bit upright and whilst he has a step and pace, seems to rely on peripheral vision, something that becomes majorly restricted in a helmet.

He'll require RB training to get used to hitting the hole at pace because he likes to jink a bit too much, and I think he'll have to change his running style (ie. lowering his shoulder) or I can see him getting injured early.

Jonah Lomu is the only guy I can think of that would have made it in the NRL. Youtube his highlight reel and you'll see how he just stiff arms and runs over people like Bo Jackson. Major difference between Lomu and Haynes.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  7. mettadown

mettadown BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +29
    Julian Savea, would as well, plays for the hurricanes and all blacks, he's a Lomu clone but smarter and with better hands. Hosea Gear and Charles Piutau (sp?) from the blues break a ludicrus amount of tackles.
    Hayne would be able to pick up parts of the playbook. Blocking would be a wash, I think he'd only really be a kick returner to start with, if he goes well in practices then maybe some spot duty for an injured RB on 3rd down catching the ball in space.