1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jason Campbell to Miss Rest of 2011: This division is ours too lose now.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Oct 16, 2011.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    What do you guys think. I don't see Pryor or Boller as much of a threat. This could be a blessing for us should we continue to play as sloppily as we have.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    So they're going to go from a so-so QB (and I'm being generous in that) to a backup who hasn't done anything his whole career and a mike vick wanna be who left college to escape the law?

This shouldn't affect them too much, they're basically a marty ball team x 10 - suffocating defense and constant running

3. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Campbell wasn't the strong point of their team, McFadden is. They'll still win games.

4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    They need some sort of passing game and all those gimmick/fake punt/fg plays are not going to keep working. Campbell may not have been much, but he is way beter that what they have left. Also, I don't expect Garrad on any other decent QB to just sign with the Raiduhs.

5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,738
    Just like a lot of the other teams, they will suffer attrition and lose a lot of key players by the time that they come to town. They will be a shell of the team they started out to be. The buzz created by their owner's passing will also leave them like a bad coffee high...

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Don't be to shocked if they win the next two games. They're both gimmes and Campbell wasn't a Tom Brady or anything(Liked the guy) but lets face it #20 is the bread and butter in Raiderville.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I don't know why not. The QB would be the starter for the rest of the season, with the possibility of staying on. The team is winning and has a chance to contend.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    This. Its not like he is gonna be payton manning but they can't run every down and win most likely. They have alot of draft picks spent recently on fast wr without best route running or hands skills. Without a so so qb at least things could get alot tougher for them I mean they have kyle boller who would be the 3rd qb on alot of teams and the poor mans cam newton.

9. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I hear that Garrard is looking for a long term commitment and is willing to sit out this season. Doesn't matter who signs, they are going to have to wait a few weeks to learn the system and it's not like they have any dangerous receivers.

10. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    The Raiders don't need a good QB. Hell, Campbell wasn't a good QB.

I wouldn't be counting any division titles yet. The Bolts made it close against the Vikings, Chiefs, and Broncos. And the Raiders, even with Boller, are better than all of those teams.

11. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Exactly. Hard to believe that Chargers fans are celebrating a division title already...

12. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Who the hell is celebrating a division title?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I agree somewhat. Campbell was getting it done there sufficiently well (he is never going to be a great one). If their D stays healthy and they get something from Boller to stop opposing teams keying on their running game then this AFC West is far from a certainty in Boltsville.

14. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    What are the Chances that the raiders trade for Orton? He is done with the Broncos, and they would likely sell him cheaply

15. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Rumor is they want Carson Palmer. Which would be a huge land for them, but they might have to offer a 1st.

16. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    True, but there is serious doubt that the Bengals would make them over since their owner like to stand firm when making a decision, and he has outright said that Palmer will not be traded.

That could change, but it didn't change when teams were trying to trade for several players in the past, such as ochocinco who tried to hold out several years ago and demanded a trade, and their owner refused to trade him, much for the same reason AJ wouldn't bend over last year.

17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,585
    Heard this morning that if any team trades for Orton, they'll be on the hook for the $5 Million+ he's owed this season.

If anything, the Raiders might bring in Trent Edwards. He was in their training camp this season.

18. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    I'm not sure even Mike Brown would turn down a 1st round draft pick for a QB he may not even need anymore with Dalton playing so well.

But, then again, it is Mike Brown.

19. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    If I recall correctly they don't have a second third fourth or fifth already. That would mean they have no draft period. Also this would mean that the bengals would want to get rid of Palmer who, more for pride then anything else, have refused any negotiation on him whatsoever

20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    According to this, this are only without a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. So if they traded a 1st, they would be left with only a 5th, 6th, and 7th round pick

21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    If I was the Raiders I'd do it anyway, draft be damned. A QB of Palmer's caliber (he's still good even if he was overrated for a time) could put them over the top. Not only would it fill the hole left by Campbell it'd actually make them better at that position even with Campbell.

Much like we don't need a Darren McFadden/Adrian Peterson caliber RB to be good due to our passing game they don't really need a Philip Rivers/Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers (please, nobody read that as me saying the 3 are equals) type QB to be good due to their run game.

Of course, they'd have to convince Mike Brown to quit being a stubborn jackass....but I hope he does continue being one.

22. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    No chance I would give up a 1st for a QB who has basically sucked for the last 3-4 years (Since the Steelers blew out his knee on a cheap shot), and hasn't taken a snap in nearly a year. No chance.

I agree they don't need a top notch QB, which is why giving up a 1st for Palmer would a very dumb move

23. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Raiders: Campbell out. Garrard is having back surgery so he's out. Edwards? Trade for Orton (highly doubtful)? Trade for Palmer (Again highly doubtful)? This does not win us anything, players need to play, but it for sure should help the gameplan. Only way the Raiders have won is by big run plays, and special teams. We keep them out of the EZ on ST and we will be OK.

Broncos: Imploding more and more each day. Gameplan Tebow out of the game (Cover the run and spy on the QB every play). Lloyd gone. Royal still hurt and possibly up for trade. Thomas just getting back. This team shouldnt be withing 21 points of us in any game we play against them.

Chiefs: Looking like the best of the rest now. Cassel is not good but he has a good receiver and some decent backs. They are not a great team but we can't go in looking at their record. We get them on Halloween night and we better put them away quick and early like the toddler trick or treaters they are.

Seriously, if we can't go 6-0 or 5-1 in our division with these teams, what is the likelyhood we can beat Ravens,Steelers,Patriots,Houston,Tennessee in the playoffs? We need to put our division down like the mangy dogs they are and then go take on the powerhouses and come out strong.

24. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I truly believe that having a weak division, is one thing that has held back this team over the last few years. Without another team to push the Bolts to step up their game, it has allowed us to skate into the playoffs unprepared.

I was really hoping that one of these teams would put up a true challenge, and not the lucky crap the Chiefs had last year. We need true competition from a divisional opponent

25. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    mike brown is crazy!! I think he is senial or something.

26. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Senile.

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    I wouldn't say he sucked as recently as 2 years ago.

28. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Its less that then, I think, a matter of pride. Lord knows we should know something of that with GMs, no?

29. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Dont forget they have that QB... threat in Terell Pryor....

30. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Check out the thread title. Also I've seen a few posts about how the Raiders are toast without Campbell. It's all wishful thinking. They're not going to fall off that much, even if Boller stays their starter. But in case you feel I was talking about you personally, I wasn't. Unless that was you lighting off the fireworks in your back yard when Campbell went down ;)