1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jason Taylor?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Apr 14, 2008.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    From Peter Kings MMQB section...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/04/14/draft/3.html

6. I think Miami won't trade Jason Taylor unless the Dolphins get a pick between, say, 20 and 35 in this year's draft. That means he won't get traded, because he'll be 34 on opening day and might give a team just one or two more years. But I'll tell you this: Taylor, at 34, is not a typical on-the-downside guy. If I were San Diego GM A.J. Smith, with the 27th pick, and I had a core of young talent ready to win now, and I had Taylor's word that he'd give me at least two more years before retiring, I'd be very tempted to make the deal. Imagine trying to block Shawne Merriman and Jason Taylor on passing downs for the next two years. It's a call Smith should make to Miami. :icon_eek:

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Peter King is a tard.

3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    OMG!!!!!!!11

IMAGINE!

I guess that it's too bad that we only have Shawne and Shaun instead.:no:

4. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Yeah, who JT gonna replace? Castillo? Olshansky? F that.

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Yeah, I saw this on the chargers.com forum. Don't think A.J. would rent a vet. But that would be scary. I say stay at 27 to get Cherilus or Stewart. I'd be happy with either one.

Cherilus? or.......

[​IMG]

Stewart?

[​IMG]

6. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Yes and Yes to both.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    i do imagine that it would be freakin incredible (and you guys have to agree) that Taylor and merriman would be the most dominant pass rushing duo in the history of hte NFL.

But obviously and yeah its impossible and wouldn't make sense to the Chargers plans

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I wonder if Taylor would say that his comments on Merriman where taken out of context (if he where traded here) :icon_shrug:

Also, Shaun Phillips is no chop liver and I wouldn't take him out of the starting lineup, nor would I take out Castillo or Igor (if you take out Igor you have little run defense), although the pass rushing rotation would be scary :icon_eek:

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Yeah, we don't need the old "JT", we have the NEW "JT"!

Jyles Tucker Baby!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Could JT play on the same team as SM?

11. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    :tdown:

Shaun Phillips is a much better player than Taylor at this point in their careers. We already have the nastiest outside duo in the NFL. Taylor would be a backup on this team.

12. BrOnCoS/32/33

BrOnCoS/32/33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Yea there something called a Salary Cap the NFL has one.

13. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I don't see it happening, but on a side note JT is one hell of a dancer:icon_eek::tup:

14. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Salary cap wouldn't be the reason this has no chance of happening.

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    they have that in denver too? :icon_tease:

and shaun phillips, though a damn damn good player, is NOT as good as jason taylor. I'm sorry, i might be a homer but no way.

16. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205

I agree, even at 34, and a year removed from what should have been runner up for dpoy, not that he plays SP position anyhow. With the injuries our front three have been prone to occur, allowing castillo to spell jamal at time's and igor, vice versa, it would be a ****ing unreal line. I can't say I'd be upset if we made a deal like that.

17. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

NO way I do this if I was AJ, but I am not....AJ is all about acquiring players through the draft, the only way Taylor is a Charger is if his contract fits into AJ plans and if he was 31 instead of 34!

I would not part with a 1st round pick for Taylor, maybe a late 2nd early 3rd. Not more than that. Chargers have neither right now.

Stan :rivers17:

18. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Ironic and moronic that a Donko fan would whine and bring up the salary cap. :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Not that you would know, but unlike the Glue factory rejects in Denver the Chargers do not have salary cap issues and are approx. 23M under. "IF" and it s big if Taylor would become s Charger, our management would have no problem fitting him under the cap with millions to spare. We don't defer funny money bonuses to 2030 in hopes of cheating our way to a Championship.

Stan :rivers17:

19. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    The salray cap has nothing to do with this not happening. Taylor is good but the Bolts don't need him...

20. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I thought you left already? Damn.......:icon_evil:

21. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

It's OK he can stay. :yes: :deadhorse:

22. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING LOL
    I mean its like belicheat calling some one out for cheating :icon_eek:

23. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Oh hellz no. The day Taylor and Merriman play together is the day unicorns fly through downtown San Diego on rainbows and Jews and Palestinians learn to love each other.

24. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Oh most definitely, he can stay. He's the most amusing thing on these boards right now. He also takes a verbal whipping in style, even though he never seems to realize he's getting humiliated.

25. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Ahhh...Jason Taylor...no thanks,

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PEPUJB_shl8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PEPUJB_shl8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:puke:

26. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Although we should see about making Edyta, his dancing partner, a Charger Girl. :yes:

27. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    imo this guy must be the most overrated defensive player the last 5 years. i used to live in miami and even hardcore fins fans hated him bc he would pick up a million sacks during garbage time at the end of the game when they already lost. plus the guy dances when he should be doing football-related training. he sucks, not even worth a 7th rounder and a bottle of bud light.

28. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    JT is a pretty impressive dancer, and the dancing will put you in some serious shape.

as far as Edyta she wears draped fabric better than any woman ever born:icon_eek::drool:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzqfvbvohUU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzqfvbvohUU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>