1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jason Whitlock finally writes a good article

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LV Bolt Fan, Apr 16, 2007.

1. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Imus said so many offensive things over the years I'm stunned he wasn't fired years ago. That he was fired now was probably the final straw but compared to some other things he's said, including using the N word openly on the air, it definetely raises some questions how this particular incidient was the killer to his career

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I've never even listened to Imus. Ever. However this article nails it and I'm sure Al is working hard to formulate his apology to the Duke lacrosse team as we speak and I'm confident he will go on-air soon to address this.

:unsure: :tdown:

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    this may sound ignorant (and actually it is since I honestly don't know) but, what part of "nappy-headed hos" reffers only to black women? it's insulting sure, but I don't know where the "racial" part of it is :icon_shrug:

5. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Its a good article about Jason.

You have to wonder what people do once they achieve their goals.

Cases in point:

-The Feminist movement. Right to vote, equal rights, etc.
    -MADD: Lower alchol to .10, decreasing Drunk Driving, increase punishment.

The Feminist movement achieved the majority of their goals. However now the word "women" is sexist. They attempted to push for "equal" rights in colleges and the workplace by enfocing a manditory quota of males to females.

MADD achieved their goals, pushed for .08, got that. Their ultimate goal, no alchol in the system at all. Even harsher penalties for offendents. The fact that a 3rd strike DUI is worst than an assualt with a deadly weapon. That if you kill someone while driving drunk is worst than accidentally running someone over (A LOT worst).

Why do these organizations and people push for more.. Well perhaps its the millions upon millions of dollars they get in donations and government funding (MADD gets a portion of DUI fines). Maybe its because leaders get paid $100,000 a year plus. Perhaps they believe their goals have not been reached.

I think it might have more to do with the money.

Lets take a business, computers for example. Would Dell, after supplying just about everyone with a computer, suddendly say "Were done, time to close up shop. We are only going to keep open tech support". No business does that. People are not going to walk away from $100,000s a year and a lively hood just because they got what they wanted.

This is the problem when you turn a cause into a business. Eventually it becomes more of a business, than a cause.

That is my two cents.

6. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    None.

It was spread on the internet and Blog, there wasnt really any mention of it before this happend. People have said the N word, and worst, before. See my article above.

Frankly I met a lot more white people with "nappy-*** hair"

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    ok, what's nappy? :icon_shrug:

edit: just checked wikipedia

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    He got ripped by Sharpton and Jackson after writing this article:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070415/news_lz1e15whitloc.html

I've read both pieces. What I particularly liked about about the first (the union-trib link) is that Whitlock said:

Then Snoop Dogg had the audacity to say "when I rap about women being ho's, I aint talkin' about atheletes." Hypocrite? Hmmm...

9. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    F Imus, F Jesse Jackhole, and F Al Sharpie

All three are idiot money hungry c##ksuckers

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Well said. Now lets storm the whitehouse and take it back for the people.:yes:

11. Prito James

Prito James BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    :icon_huh: Gee, that will turn out well. Russia, Cuba, Sierra Leone, 99% chance that ends in an oppressive dictatorship or genocide.

12. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Or what if nobody was a dictator anymore.

But I see your point. NO matter who rules your gonna have dictatorhip. Basically its all about some people trying to control who owns what and how much. And usually the dictatorhip likes to hang onto alot.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    AJ SMITH for dictator of the United States :lol:

14. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Sorry, but you're full of it. Nappy-headed was a reference to them being African American, not to their hair.