1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jay Cutler flips off Bear Fans

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  2. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Sadly, the only context that Cutler was brought up in today on ESPN was as someone who had a "redemption game" against a "great" Vikings team.

Seriously, the Bears can go 1-15 next year and ESPN will say, "they got that one win thanks to the play of Cutler."

But photos like this never get old and serve as a reminder of how much I miss the Bolts kicking his *** in the division. :yes:

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
  4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I can't tell what he's doing by that photo.

5. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138
    I was at this (COLD) game last night. This picture is making something out of nothing or else Chicago radio would have been all over it this morning. They weren't.

God, it's good to be back home in SD.

I love my Chargers.

6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
  7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    He threw 4 TD passes including a 39 yard game winner.

They did win that game because of Cutler.

Yes he's ******, but even ****** QBs have good games every now and then.

Ryan Leaf even had a couple good games.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm no Cutler fan but I'm pushing the bulls*it button on this article and photo!!!

If that's what happened, it would be all over the place as opposed to JUST some sports radio crap. Looks to me like he's calling someone over.

9. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96

You read the boxscore to tell you that, but the game I watched featured at least 3 missed picks and seveal more throws into double coverage or worse. Winfield has shown that he may be a premier run-stopping corner, but his coverage skills are still severely lacking.

I give more credit to a vapid, emotionless Vikings defense for allowing second-rate receivers run roughshod over them all night long.

10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    When a QB throws 4 touchdowns in a game he is heavily responsible for the W.

Cutler sucks this year, but he didn't this game.

Give credit where it's due.

11. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    ok, but he still made enough plays to win the game, like the 39 yard td pass. he threw i think one pick right? it doesnt matter how many "almost" mistakes you have, those dont change the game very often. "almost" only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

12. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Cutler threw a ton of near-picks, a pick, and plenty of ill-advised tosses. He hasn't grown up and he is a major liability. But he did come through and had a decent game overall, highlighted by a long, clutch, winning TD pass. Still 26 INTs and if you had a video of all of them, which I'm sure someone will, you'll see it's almost completely on Jay himself.

As for flipping off Chicago fans, I'm calling bull. In fact, most die hard Bears fans blame Lovie Smith more than anything and want to see him fired.

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    Of course Jay has sucked as a whole this year, that much is obvious.

But you have to give credit when it's due. He was good against the Vikings yesterday.

You don't throw 4 TD passes and not be one of the main cogs in the key to victory.

Complaining about "near miss INTs" is what sore losers do.

Or, in this case, people hell bent on never giving Jay Cutler any credit even if it's due him.

Really, some of the posters here are the polar opposite on Cutler of what they accuse the media of being on him.

Whereas the media crowns him an angel that can do no wrong they crown him a devil that can do no right.

Believing a photo of him from a long distance away with no conceivable way of making out any finger gestures he may or may not be making is him flipping off the crowd is a prime example of this.

14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    It doesn't matter to me what Pickler does, he's not a Bolt and never will be. He won a game, great, he's lost more than he's won and will continue to do so.

15. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Why exactly do we care about Cutler any more?

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    This is what I've been wondering.

17. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I believe it was Jarowski made that point during the game. He had a stack of papers and said these are all of Cutler's INT's and he reviewed them all and said something like 22 of them were Cutler's fault.

18. CasualKnowledge

CasualKnowledge BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    There were some near picks, but from what I remember they were mostly the fault of receivers. The one actual pick was just a dumb throw by Cutler. The near pick I specifically remember was the guy Knox completely giving up on a slant route, not Cutlers fault.

19. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Did Jay Cutler Flip Off Bears Fans? The NFL Says......

On Monday night, Bears quarterback Jay Cutler made a motion with hand in response to booing from the Soldier Field crowd as the home team opted to take a knee and play for overtime.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells us that the league looked at the available visual evidence, and the league concluded that the images are not conclusive.

The decision was made by Merton Hanks, the league's new Director of Football Operations and Development. (Hanks replaced Gene Washington

On Wednesday, Cutler explained that he didn't show his middle finger to the folks who use all five of them to hand over good money to attend games.

"I was just pointing to the clock," Cutler said Wednesday, "I didn't really understand why they were booing. We had eight seconds left, not much we were going to do.

I'm going to suggest we take a knee there every time and go to overtime, and take our chances there."

Sure, he was pointing to the clock.

You make the call.....

20. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    Although I cannot tell if the bird was given, by that arm angle in the photo, he was not pointing towards any clock. :lol:

21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    Even if he's giving the bird how can we know that he's directing it at the fans and not someone out of view on the photo?