1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jealousy led to Tila incident at Merriman's house.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
  2. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Not much infor which wasn't in the 10 News report last night... but thanks for posting.

Hopefully this all goes away.

3. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I want to party at Merriman's house!

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    So do I.

5. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    It's not looking good for Tila. How does she get herself out of this?

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Tequila to meet with district attorney

nothing new here, just post padding

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4461799

Tila Tequila, the reality TV star who accused Shawne Merriman of domestic violence last weekend, said via her Twitter feed that she will meet with the San Diego County district attorney's office on Friday.

Tequila

Tequila

Wednesday, the San Diego County Sheriff's Department turned over its reports to the DA's office. The DA will review them to decide if charges should be filed.

Merriman, the San Diego Chargers' Pro Bowl linebacker, was arrested early Sunday after Tequila accused him of choking and throwing her to the ground while she was trying to leave his suburban San Diego home. Tequila signed a citizen's arrest warrant accusing Merriman of battery and false imprisonment. Both are felonies. Tequila was hospitalized briefly and filed a citizen's complaint against Merriman. No charges have been filed.

Merriman contends he was protecting Tequila, who he says was drinking and intended to drive home. "At the time, I was concerned about her welfare given the intoxicated state she appeared to be in and I encouraged her to stay until safe transportation could be provided," he said in a statement.

Merriman also said in a statement that he wants to clear "his name" and "put this behind me so I can continue to focus on a successful season for the San Diego Chargers."

Merriman
    Merriman

Tequila, whose real name is Tila Nguyen, has denied Merriman's claims that she was drunk at the time of the incident.

San Diego County spokesman Paul Levikow said the DA's office can reject the accusations, or can refer them to the San Diego City Attorney's Office for consideration as misdemeanors.

The tweet from Tequila's account that said she would meet with the district attorney, which is verified by Twitter but is not guaranteed to have been written by her, was part of a string of tweets Thursday morning. She started by writing "I will never be a VICTIM of anything. So when someone lays a hand on me then lies. Its on." She followed that up with more than 30 updates in the next hour, including accusing Merriman of lying in his statements to the media about her.

"Damage control. Blame Tila. Make her look bad. Send it out to the media so they don't [sic] believe her! Quick! Cover it up!," she wrote, according to the Twitter feed.

Tequila's attorney, Alan Gutman, said earlier this week that Merriman is making personal attacks against Nguyen to spin coverage from his "illegal and indefensible actions."

"It is never justifiable to brutally assault, choke, strike and imprison a woman," Gutman said in a statement Tuesday night. "Once the truth is fully revealed, Mr. Merriman's fantastic story of how he was trying to keep Ms. Tequila safe will be completely discredited. No one, especially a woman, should ever have to endure what Mr. Merriman did to Tila Tequila."

Merriman and Tequila have exchanged charges and countercharges on their Twitter accounts.

Information from The Associated Press is included in this report.

Oh, and

THE RAIDERS S***!!!

:abq2::abq1::abq2::abq1:

7. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128

What the hell is this?!? What exchange has Merriman had on Twitter?!? This pisses me off, but I haven't seen anything from Merriman which would be a charge or countercharge.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929

He hasn't, and unlike tila, he hasn't been deleting tweets. Basically since the season's come close to starting and with this, he basically has kept his mouth shut. He made a few minor comments on things but nothing involving the case.

So lie #104 for Tequila?

9. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128

But it wasn't even her comment. It was this writer's way to end their article. Terrible.

10. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
  11. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
  12. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Just had this sent to me via email... I threw up a little in my mouth when I read it.

13. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Yeah, I posted it in the other thread, terrible huh?

She is obviously starting the back-peddle. She will probabaly pull the same BS that the Tahoe (he he, hoe) girl pulled on Big Ben.

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Am I the only one getting mortally tired of this crap?

15. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I am too. I don't understand why she won't just leave him alone. Just let him concentrate on football. Attention whore.