1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeff Fisher's Press conference...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    Seems Fischer didnt think Merriman did anything wrong, unless this is just for show...

(on if Young hurt his head on the hard hit by Chargers LB Shawne Merriman)

No, it wasn’t a concussion at all. It was quite a collision. I don’t believe there is anything malicious on Shawne’s part. It just happened, and Vince just didn’t expect it. He was carrying out his fake and looking back. That is the last time you expect to have a collision. I think it shocked him and took the wind out. He’s got some minor rib issues we’ll deal with.

(on if the officials should have called a penalty on the Merriman hit)

No, I don’t think so. He was up the field, partially being blocked up the field. It was kind of just one of those things that happened.

MORE HERE

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    thanks man
    I don't think Fischer was ordering a 'hit on merriman' but if such occurred purposefully it was by hte players

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I hope Jeff Fisher somehow, some way finds his way to San Diego and becomes the Chargers Head Coach.

AJ would truly be a god if he could make that happen.

4. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    **** that, i would rather have Norv than that dirty, classless bastard

5. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Poor Jeff, he doesn't look too happy....

[​IMG]

Boo ****ing hoo

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

What happened to your faith in Norv? :icon_shrug:

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I have more faith in Jeff Fisher. You're a Norv hater. I'm apathetic towards him. Quite a stretch to say I have "faith" in him. But I will say, if this team wins a playoff game... you won't have a leg to stand on in your Marty vs Norv battle.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    It will take more that just a playoff win.
    Simply because we can't just rely on our division rivals to suck every season!!!

Fisher sounds god to me!!! :yes: :tup:

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Jeff Fisher is one of my favorite coaches in the NFL. I do not believe for a second he ordered a "hit" on Merriman.

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I don't think he ordered a "hit", but I'm sure he said something to the effect of... "get that mutherfukker..." Which I totally understand given the nature of that game. It was just a war in the trenches all day and tough to tell what exactly transpired b/t Young and Merriman when you're in the heat of battle.

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I agree. Fisher is a tough coach & builds a tough team, but I don't think that he would tell his players to purposely hurt another player. :no:

Now, would some of the Titan players take it upon themselves? Yeah, apparently. :icon_sad:

12. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    And why do you think that. The entire titans team was trying to purposely hurt a bunch of chargers players in that game.

Fisher should be kicked out of the league for having his players do the head hunting they did last sunday.

13. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Head hunting? Are you out of your mind foober? Look, it was an ultra violent, hard hitting, take no prisoners type of football game, those guys were beating on each other, BOTH WAYS, all day. Did the players cheap shot Merriman? Probably. Did the coach TELL them to do it? I doubt it. There's a big difference between telling your guys "Would someone please put a body on Merriman?@?!? He's ****ing killing us!!!!!" than telling then to "Sweep the leg. No mercy!"

14. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Jeff Fisher is one of my favorite Coaches in the NFL and I believe he called for someone to get Merriman. :yes:

15. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Bullseye. Too many Charger players are saying that the Titans played a very dirty game. It came from the top.

16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Ahhh don't get your panties in a bunch.

Marty was screaming at his player to "make them bleed" and you would think he called for an execution by the reaction I am reading in here if Marty were still here.

Freaking fans can be bigger pussssies than the players. :lol: :yes:

17. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's allot like the whiners that were crying when Lynch laid that lick on...was it LT???
    If Fisher was our coach all the pusssies would be saying "yeah, our coach gave them what they deserved, because boo-hoo-hoo, so many players got hurt in the game".
    The criers gotta understand, this is FOOTBALL, not baseball.
    If Fisher saw the replay on the big screen, and you know he was looking, then I'm sure he did nothing wrong, he's always been a class act, and a good coach.
    Now the Titan players, I'm not so sure about, they were pretty chippy all game long...right up until we took the game from them:icon_toast: