1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jeromey Clary Pay cut...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Hgrove99, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    Reese hasn't made the 53 yet. ;)

2. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    Yes that's what I was alluding to.. As long as we mirror pass rushers and keep a decently clean pocket Rivers might throw 40 TD's this year. He had 32 with about 20+ OL combinations and his top 2 WR options years prior (DX & Floyd) on the IR.

I'm not sold on Reese's route running yet, but he can easily stretch the field or get wide open over the top on bunch sets. He's dangerous, he won't be asked to go over the middle much at all with that frame.

Also, there have been reports that Allen is looking much faster this year with his knee at 100%. Only CBs I see this year shutting him down this year are Richard Sherman and Brent Grimes.

3. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    True, it might come down to Inman vs. Reese as that last WR on the roster. I want Ajirotutu on this team because he knows Rivers and this offense better than those 2 and is impressive on ST's. Unfortunately, I see Inman making it to the PS because Reese's speed will attract suitors like Philly to make a move for him.

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,453
    It's not just that Allen's knee is fully healed...... he's been dedicated to getting faster:

Last month, he entered training camp in better shape than he did last year, up from 206 to 212 pounds. He trained at Prolific Athletes in Carlsbad with renown speed coach Ryan Flaherty, their results better speed in and out of Allen's breaks and, yes, an albeit subtle increased capacity to go vertical.

The difference today is not overly drastic — Flaherty projects a larger jump in 2015.

But it is noticeable enough to where, after that deep route, Wright remarked to Allen he must have worked on his speed this offseason.

"It just makes him a more powerful threat when he's that good at the line and has speed behind it," Wright said. "A lot of times, he will win at the line, but when you've got recovery speed, you can make up for that. Now that he's faster, it's not going to be as easy to make up once you lose at the line. He's going to be open on more of his routes."

• Like Like x 1
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I swear, some of these Bolt fans are crazier than a tick on a dogs arsehole. Hey, just let it go it ain't like he's been a Bolt 9 years or anything like that. :rolleyes:

6. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Didn't see this but that's great. Allen did need to put on some weight, I preferred him to get some more upper body strength. I remember Allen being open a handful of times during his first few games last year and Rivers either didn't see him or didn't trust him and forced it to guys like Gates and Woodhead. Imagine this year, he finally trusts Allen and I think it showed as the year went along. He could of easily had more than 71 catches in 2014.

Looking forward to this year, barring injury he'll catch 70+ balls again.

7. ssnake86

ssnake86 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
  8. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,453
    At this point of the season, those charts don't mean all that much. A player who isn't ready to practice would naturally be last on the depth chart.

• Agree Agree x 1