1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jesse's Mock- Take One

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Jesse Kemp, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    I went back and watched some more of him, and while he has plays where he does explode off the line, there's also more than a few plays where he really struggles getting off the line and doesn't help himself at all off the snap. His snap recognition is super inconsistent as well. My biggest problem with him though is how easily he gets pushed off his line. If the OL gets a punch in, he's completely off course and done. He doesn't stay square to OL and gives them his side while he's rushing up field. His leverage isn't very good as you said, which is a big factor in that playing weak thing...

Your right about his closing speed, its insane, he switches from 2nd to 6th gear as fast as anyone i've seen in a while.

I've always thought Beasley looks taller than his listed 6'2", maybe thats because he's so lankey. I really think that Beasley may have the longer arms, and if not, its really close. Beasley was listed at 6'5" coming out of HS, and last year he was listed at 6'3", seems like it may be a typo, since he looks bigger than 6'1" or 6'2" (at lest to me).

Mingo's functional strength and hand use were more comparable to what Beasley shows than they are to what Attouchu shows IMO.

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,726
    I'm going to assume you're talking about Attouchu, because it's been hard to follow this conversation without the use of names. ;) If so I agree completely, burst, leverage, technique....all problems. Closing speed won't matter if you can't get by your man, so I'm not a big fan.

But I take issue with the Beasley/Mingo comparison. Mingo's build is the only thing similar to Beasley, at least on tape, other than that Beasley seems the superior prospect in every way. Although I'd like to see him bulk up a bit.

3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Way too early, but what the heck. Its January, Bowl games are wrapping up, I'm bored as well, so I'll do a quick, rough draft type mock. Feel free to add.

1. HOU - QB Teddy Bridgewater - Most NFL ready QB.
    2. STL - OT Jake Matthews - Will start career at RT, eventually moving to LT after Jake Long.
    3. JAX - DE Jadeveon Clowney - Gus Bradley loves defense, can't pass Clowney up.
    4. CLE - QB Brett Hundley - Assuming McDaniels becomes the HC.
    5. OAK - QB Derek Carr - Finally the Raiders don't reach for a QB.
    6. ATL - OLB Anthony Barr - Still developing, gets a pass rush and sets the edge.
    7. TB - LB Khalil Mack - Perfect fit for Lovie's defense. Will be the SAM.
    8. MIN - QB Johnny Manziel - Accuracy is non issue. Some assets in MIN's offense to help him.
    9. BUF - FS Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix - Jarius Byrd will leave, draft his successor.
    10. DET - WR Sammy Watkins - Megatron, Sammy, Bush and Stafford throwing them the ball.
    11. TEN - DE Trent Murphy - Good push inside, need an outside presence on the DL.
    12. NYG - LB CJ Mosley - Paysinger, Rivers, and Beason are FA's. LB is a need here.
    13. STL - CB Darqueze Dennard - Physical in coverage and run game, just what the Rams like.
    14. CHI - LB Ryan Shazier - Briggs has one year left on his deal, can't pass up a premium LB.
    15. PIT - CB Jason Verrett - Steelers need help at CB. Taylor got burned all year.
    16. BAL - OT Greg Robinson - Almost automatic here, Flacco was getting killed all year.
    17. DAL - DL Louis Nix III - 'Boys need a big run stuff in the middle of their DL.
    18. NYJ - WR Mike Evans - Big play making ability, could be a good fit in NYJ's offense.
    19. MIA - OT Taylor Lewan - Big, physical OT, Dolphins need it, and a run blocker.
    20. ARI - OT Cameron Erving - 'Zona struggled in pass protection.
    21. GB - DL Ra'Shede Hageman - Scheme diverse, could lineup anywhere on the DL.
    22. SD - OLB Vic Beasley - Speed rusher & great pass rush moves, Freeney could groom him.
    23. PHI - CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu - Surprise, Kelly plucks one of his talents from his former.
    24. KC - WR Marquise Lee - KC needs another playmaker on O and across from Bowe.
    25. CIN - CB Bradley Roby - Cincy needs an upgrade in the secondary.
    26. CLE - OG Cyril Richardson - Cleveland needs an upgrade on the interior OL.
    27. NO - OT Cedric Ogbuehi - NO needs a LT, bad.
    28. NE - TE Jace Amaro - When Gronk is not in the game, Pats O looks totally different.
    29. SF - WR Odell Beckham - Allows Crabtree to work underneath, Beckham stretches field.
    30. CAR - WR Allen Robinson - Steve Smith isn't getting any younger, need to groom a WR.
    31. DEN - CB Justin Gilbert - Ball skills, recognition, Harris and DRC are FA's, Champ is old.
    32. SEA - TE - Eric Ebron - Better hands than Julius Thomas, but pretty similar.

*EDITED WITH EXPLANATIONS*

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  4. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Yes we are talking about Attouchu.

It wasn't so much of a comparison as they do a few things similarly. And Mingo was a much better prospect. Length, functional strength, and length were far in the favor of Mingo among other things. For they're build, functional strength, and violent/active hands were pretty similar, much more similar than i see anything from Mingo to Attouchu.

5. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Seriously, 4 QB's in the top 10 and 4 LB's before Mack. I understand that you want Mack, but thats literally building a draft around giving the Chargers Mack......

6. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Hey, he fell to me on fanspeak.com just two days ago...

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    not kidding either, this is what they gave me:

QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER
    HOUSTON TEXANS
    OT CAMERON ERVING
    ST. LOUIS RAMS
    DE JADEVEON CLOWNEY
    JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
    CB IFO EKPRE-OLOMU
    CLEVELAND BROWNS
    OT JAKE MATTHEWS
    OAKLAND RAIDERS
    DE STEPHON TUITT
    ATLANTA FALCONS
    WR SAMMY WATKINS
    TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
    QB BLAKE BORTLES
    MINNESOTA VIKINGS
    OLB ANTHONY BARR
    BUFFALO BILLS
    WR MIKE EVANS
    DETROIT LIONS
    DT LOUIS NIX III
    TENNESSEE TITANS
    CB JASON VERRETT
    NEW YORK GIANTS
    QB DEREK CARR
    ST. LOUIS RAMS
    ILB C.J. MOSLEY
    CHICAGO BEARS
    OT GREG ROBINSON
    PITTSBURGH STEELERS
    G DAVID YANKEY
    DALLAS COWBOYS
    OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO
    BALTIMORE RAVENS
    CB DARQUEZE DENNARD
    NEW YORK JETS
    OT TAYLOR LEWAN
    MIAMI DOLPHINS
    QB BRETT HUNDLEY
    ARIZONA CARDINALS
    CB BRADLEY ROBY
    GREEN BAY PACKERS

lol

8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,726
    Maybe so, but it didn't show up in games for Mingo.

And just to be clear I'm not talking about stats, but simply being a factor in his teams success. Even after his rookie season I'm not convinced Mingo is a football player yet, after getting 3 early sacks and some attention he basically got washed out the rest of the year.

9. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    I mean, there's a lot of QB needy teams. JAX I can't see passing on Clowney, but there in need of a QB. I just don't see teams going crazy in FA for Jay Cutler, Michael Vick or Josh Freeman, those are top QB's in the FA pool.

Mack or Beasley, one or the other I wouldn't mind. JAX can't pass on Clowney, TB will operate in the 4-3 as well as TEN and NYG. I don't see Mack projecting as a DE. And I really believe his small school play will have an effect on his draft stock. But, I can clearly see him going top 10, just don't know where he would exactly fit.

10. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    Updated for the wildcard LAYHOOZEHERRRRZZZZ.....

11. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Just a head's up, Ekpre-Olomu announced today that he's returning to Oregon.