1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jets fan analysis of the game...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    I defy anyone to find a bigger homer take than this. From the Jetsinsider forums.

The Jets are about to dominate, manhandle & humiliate this Chargers team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For 4 quarters strong and you know what? There is absolutely nothing this soft *** Chargers team can do about it. Nothing at all. Other than take it.

Yeah, I've been predicting a 31-13 type of score and you know why? Because this Jets team is built to win here in January. This Chargers team? Pretty much no chance during the playoffs.

The NFL has always been about Defense, that will never change; Defense will always Win Championships.

The NFL has always been about the trenches, O-Line and Defensive Front 7; Games have always been Won in the Trenches.

The Jets? Our Defense ranks #1 in points allowed, #1 against the pass in just about each and every statistical category known to mankind.

The Jets have also dominated the trenches since day one with an average of 172.2 rushing yards per game on the Offensive side of the ball, along with a Defense than ranks #8 against the run in yards allowed and #4 against the run in average yards per carry.

The Chargers? This team is not built to beat a team like the Jets during the playoffs.

The Chargers rank 11th in Defensive points allowed with an average of 20 points allowed per game. The Chargers rank 19th in Offensive rushing attempts, but yet, only rank 31st in rushing yards. This means one thing and one thing only...The Chargers rank 32nd (Dead last) in average yards per rushing attack. Pathetic.

The Chargers are horrid on both sides of the trenches...Not only do they struggle rushing the football, but they've also been atrocious against the run on the Defensive side of the ball this season. How bad? See for yourself.

The Chargers Defense ranks 24th against the run, allowing an average of 4.5 yards per rushing attempt. Only 4 teams rank worse than the Chargers against the run: The Browns, Bills, Chiefs and Bucs.

Remember what the Jets rushing attack did to the Bills (Twice) and the Bucs once during the 3 games we played those horrid run D's? The Jets dominated, humiliated and manhandled those D's for 4 quarters strong; it was ugly.

During those 3 games, against the Bills, (Twice) and the Bucs once, the Jets rushed for an average of 41.3 rushing attempts and 247.3 rushing yards per game.

Nothing will change this week against the Chargers on Sunday, nothing.

All of this talk about the Chargers having a great passing attack is pretty much a moot point, because thats also what the Jets Defense has done best this season...Shut down the pass. Lock down on #1 WR's and contain elite pass catching TE's.

The Chargers can not run the ball - The Jets rank top 10 against the run.

The Chargers can not stop the run - The Jets have the #1 Rushing Attack in the game today.

The Chargers love to pass the ball - The Jets Defense ranks #1 against the pass in just about each and every statistical category known to mankind.

The Chargers do NOT have one advantage over this Jets team, not one. The Jets? We have plenty of advantages heading into this game, including Darrelle Revis on Philip Rivers #1 WR (Vincent Jackson).

If it's true that Defense Wins Championships and Games are Won in the Trenches...The Chargers will get blown out by this Jets team on Sunday. Book it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    My response to the article: See you on Sunday Biznatch!!!

3. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    i thought there was 32 teams in the NFL so how can there only be 4 teams worse than us lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Who wrote this ****? Mama Ryan?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm thinking Gramma Ryan. Hopefully Mama Ryan hasn't gotten this senile yet.

6. CraziFuzzy

CraziFuzzy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Funny.. because Philip River's #2, #3, and #4 receivers are far better than Sanchez's #1. Take away Jackson.. doesn't bother me in the least with Floyd, Gates and Sproles practically wide open all day long.

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    That's nice. Who's going to cover Rivers' other targets dumbass?

8. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Even Clinton Hart thinks that the article exhibits poor coverage and completely misses the mark, and he is an expert on both.

• Like Like x 2
  9. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Way OT: Injured players still get a ring if the team wins a super bowl, what about guys that leave, are traded or cut?

10. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    SOURCE: http://www.mahalo.com/answers/super...-bowl-rings-if-their-team-wins-the-super-bowl
    They should give one to good old CH, the biggest addition-by-subtraction of the season.

11. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    should sure as hell give one to Jamal the Wall

12. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I'd be curious to see what that Jets homer has to say on Monday because I'm guessing he is only reading stats and hasn't seen the Chargers play. I'm thinking old Rex is going to have to go home and change all of the dates on that calendar of his...unless the parade he is going to is held in San Diego!!

13. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Was this analysis written on toilet paper? At least then it would be good for something.

Somehow, the Cowboys, a team that averages more yards per carry than the Jets (4.8 to 4.5), managed only a pedestrian 4.0 yards per carry versus the Chargers. Their longest run was 12 yards.

This Chargers team is not soft.

14. mazman27

mazman27 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    My GOD.......according to this guy the Jets are 17-0 and going for a perfect season........you guys are awesome.....given gift to get into the post season and you might as well hype it up cuz everyone knows they dont belong here......this team will get crushed tomorrow......31-17

• Like Like x 1
  15. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Defense wins championships? Tell that to Baltimore today....:unsure:

16. TCHDNSD

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    After consulting with McCree(sp?)

17. Razma

Razma Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115
    Here's my analysis of the Jets:

[​IMG]

18. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    I'm still wondering how the Jets are going to expect a 5'9" CB to cover Malcom Floyd

19. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    We'll know soon enough.

Make sure you click back here after the game.......

20. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    Drayton Florence had his say, as well :)

21. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Jets are going to get their fcuking asses kicked all over Mission Valley today.

[​IMG]

22. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    Well now we know.

****!