1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jets fan arrested for taunting Bolts fans

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
  2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Saw an arrest go down right in front of my section at the end of halftime.

It was some sort of arguement between two Charger fans, with one being taken away in handcuffs.

3. impgard

impgard BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37

There's a gap in the video between the time the fan is shouting "jets, jets, jets" and when the police arrive. Seems like Charger fan in front is defending the Jet's fan for just cheering, but there must have been something else to get the police there in the first place. Chargers fans around him don't seem to be too upset with him...can it be the cops just arrested him for a New York attitude?

Seems a little bit of an overreaction by the police, but the video is not continuous.

4. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    My guess is that something else happened that wasn't shown, and they acted on the situation before it got ugly.

The dude was playin' with fire IMO doing that chant in that crowd. He paid his money just like everyone else, but people at games always like to start things. You gotta know when to be cool.

Just ask the obnoxious Bengals fans here in Ohio. They make going to a game unpleasant, from my experience, and everyone else I've encountered who has went to a game to see thier favorite team.

Anyway, the guy wasn't just standing up and cheering with his lady friend, he was turning in all directions to the Charger fans chanting. I thought the video was funny.

5. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    He got what he deserved u dont go into another teams stadium and act like that. He has a right to be there and root for the jets, but he was obviously taunting all chargers fans around him as he kept turning all the way around in circle to chant Jets, and obviously something else happened that they didnt show on video

6. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Some idiots tried to start sh*t with me after the game, one of them was wearing a Steelers jersey. (go figure) I just kept walking, never looked back, never even ackonwledged them. The Jets fans kept cool, even though I was sitting right in the middle of them all - in a Gates jersey.

7. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    The job pf the police is to keep the peace in that situation. The only way to do that is to remove the person that is going to start the fight. Hopefully he spent the night in the drunk tank downtown.

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,582
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jan/19/jetsarrest/

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I was walking to the trolley and along the fence to the entrance for the west bound train, there were 3-4 Cleveland Browns (yes CLEVELAND) fans ragging on any Charger fans walking by.

10. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Reading the above story, I can't believe the guy did not get punched in the face. I have seen so many fights at the Q over much less than that.:icon_twisted:

11. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Its amazing how fans of mediocre teams and teams that werent in the playoffs to begin with feel better when a top team loses. Hilarious :lol:

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I think they were wearing Braylon Edwards jerseys. Guess some fans just can't let go.

13. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    I use to be a cop. I would have arrested the guy myself just for cheering for the Jets at Qualcomm. Screw civil rights! That guy not only needed to be arrested, he needed the cops to kick his *** on the way out of the stadium!

14. jerry62

jerry62 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15
    That explains why you "used" to be a cop.:lol: Not that I disagree with you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bolt-tastic voyage

Bolt-tastic voyage BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I saw a guy at the Raiders game get kicked out for whistling too much. I felt really bad for him. I mean, it was really annoying and everyone was telling him to shut up but kicking the guy out seems excessive. Especially without warning. They seem a little quick on the draw with opposing team's fans at the Q. Certainly doesn't help our rep around the league.

16. impgard

impgard BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Well, that explains everything. Did anyone here the RealSports episode on drunkeness at NFL games? That was eye opening. Can't say I've seen thing all that bad at Qualcomm, at least not recently. There are one or two guys in my section that always get blasted and make an *** of themselves, but they are Charger fans pissing off other season ticket holders.

And I haven't seen too many rude and disrespectful Raiders fans lately...must be the *** kickin' we've been giving them the past few years...that must take a lot of the piss and vinegar out of them.

17. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    No way, I was in the LAPD. I would have gotten promoted for that!

18. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    We have rep? :lol:

19. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    They guy was drinking and cheering....basically he pissed off some Charger fan who reported him for basically being too loud.

Yeah the guy had been drinking but it's pretty lame still in my view.

The guy is loudly cheering his team and had been drinking.....he didn't do anything...but then the cops say come with us and the guys has every right to be pissed...he didn't do anything wrong. But once you get mad, or show any type of non-compliance or dis respect they arrest you.

Drinking is fine. Being loud is fine. Doing both can get you booted.