1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jets RB Tomlinson says he's moved on from Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Associated Press

April 8, 2010

[​IMG]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) -LaDainian Tomlinson is done talking about the San Diego Chargers.

The New York Jets running back caused a stir last week when he said "everything was taken" from him in San Diego as the Chargers focused more on passing than running the football. He didn't back off those comments Thursday, but said it's now all in the past.

"That was kind of my one time of speaking my piece and it being my opinion," Tomlinson said. "As a guy who gave so much to the organization for nine years, I felt like I could express my opinion.
    Now, I'm done with it and I really wish them the best - until we play them."
    Tomlinson ran for a career-low 732 yards and 3.3 yards per carry last season, but said last week there was more to it than just being a running back nearing the end of his career. He said it was "misleading when you look on film" because Chargers coach Norv Turner increasingly allowed Philip Rivers to throw the ball down the field, the offensive linemen were mostly pass blocking and fullback Lorenzo Neal was allowed to leave as a free agent.

The comments irritated some in San Diego, although players and general manager A.J. Smith declined public comment. Smith, who clashed with the running back at times in recent years, did make a statement to the San Diego Union-Tribune about the team losing some high-profile stars that could have been considered a jab back at Tomlinson.

"Having outstanding players throughout your team is vital to winning a championship, no doubt about that," Smith told the newspaper last week. "But having the right team and trying to put that team together is the ultimate challenge and it's a yearly challenge. Because it's the team that will win a world championship - not a bunch of individuals who happen to be extremely talented and focused on themselves first."

Tomlinson, the eighth-leading rusher in NFL history who signed a two-year deal worth about $5.2 million with the Jets last month, said he didn't hear from Smith or any former teammates.

"There were actually a couple of writers from San Diego who tried to get in contact with me, saying something about A.J. Smith having some hard words to say," Tomlinson said with a grin, "but I'm not surprised by that."

NOTES: QB Mark Sanchez is still not jogging or running on his surgically repaired left knee, but has been doing some running in a pool. He had surgery Feb. 17 to repair the patella ligament to prevent future dislocations of the kneecap. ... K Nick Folk, the leading candidate to replace Jay Feely, said he has corrected "bad habits" that developed after undergoing surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right hip last offseason. The former Pro Bowl pick for Dallas missed field goals in six consecutive games last season before being released by the Cowboys. "Everything leads back to the surgery," said Folk, who said he rushed himself to participate in training camp. "That's what I can kind of attribute it to." ... DE Shaun Ellis, participating in voluntary offseason workouts, said his surgically repaired left hand "feels good, but I haven't hit anything yet." Ellis broke the hand in the Jets' 17-14 playoff win at San Diego, and needed screws inserted after playing in the Pro Bowl. He expects to be 100 percent by minicamp in

[/FONT]

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I'm glad to hear it

So goddamnit LT STFU! :trout::trout::deadhorse::deadhorse:

3. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34

Yep.

I was planning on speaking nothing but highly of LT when he left to NY, however I have changed my thoughts on him. He's a completely selfish player that needs to shut his mouth.

Yes, LT our offense changed. Yes your production went down. Yes you were tackled by more blades of grass than football players. Yes you looked slower (in 2009) than Jonathan Dwyer at the Combine. and YES I now question your heart while you road the stationary bike on the sidelines 2 years in a row in the playoffs.

It's all about LT, me me me. God I am happy this is Rivers' team, because it's pretty clear PR is a TEAM player and will do whatever it takes (including playing with a torn ACL) for the Bolts to win.

Your over SD? Well if it makes you feel any better most of us fans are BEYOND over your crap. Good luck in NY, your gonna need it old man.

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I said this back during the loss to the Pat's a few years back and I still stand by what I said. LT doesn't need to air all this dirty laundry out in the press about the team. It is now coming to surface that he may have been an integral part of the lack of discipline on the field as well as in the clubhouse.

Sad to see LT, sad to see.

5. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    It sounds like alot of people are embarrased, that the face of Chargers for 9 years (that we have all known, trusted and loved) has some hard words to say about the team..

..maybe we should face upto the fact that maybe things are not as rosey as we like to think it is. I havn't heard many of the remianing Charger's senior players standing up in defence of the organisation...maybe something to be read into there..

6. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

L.T. says he won't be talking about the Chargers again

Posted by Mike Florio on April 8, 2010 8:35 PM ET

Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson has had plenty to say about the Chargers. But like Kramer and his vow of silence, L.T. is clamming up.

"That was kind of my one time of speaking my piece and it being my opinion," Tomlinson said Thursday regarding his "everything was taken from me" rant of last week, per the Associated Press. "As a guy who gave so much to the organization for nine years, I felt like I could express my opinion. Now, I'm done with it and I really wish them the best -- until we play them."

We'd like to think that L.T. really won't revisit his time with the Chargers. And he'd probably like to that that he'll resist to urge to babble about the Bolts, too.

But he'll eventually talk again. And then he can say that really he's done talking about the Chargers.

Starting . . . . now!

:lol:

7. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    obviously not if the son of a b.itch keeps talking about us.

LT = Chargers' crazy ex-girlfriend who didn't get her way so they broke up.

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I mean it! This is the last time I talk about my time with the Bolts

best -

LT

:flag:

9. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138
    This says a lot.

10. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Frankly, I'm not convinced that LT is going have stellar numbers with the Jets, even with the "better O-line". Prior to 2007, LT would find a crease, slip through it and make the first couple of defenders look foolish trying to grab him. Plus the way he would get his 100+ yard games would be like this: 2 yards, 0 yards, 1 yard, 4 yards, 60 yards.... and so on.

In New York, he won't be getting the 25+ touches per game that he used to get when he used to be 50% of our total offense. LT may be in denial right now, but he has lost a step. Last season, there were a number of times where he got the ball, headed toward the sidelines, tried to turn the corner and immediately got dropped for no gain or a loss. If he stays healthy his 2010 numbers will probably be similar to his 2009 numbers....and then he can blame the Jets for not giving him the tools to succeed.

Thanks for the memories, LT...have a nice life.

11. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    I can say I have moved on from LT.

12. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    LOL... sounds like a room full of rejected chicks in here.

13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    should have traded him. As LT says its just a buisness.. :yes:

14. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
  15. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
  16. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    ^^^^^^^

17. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I was wishing him all the best when he left, now I'll have no regrets if he falls flat on his face. I won't exactly gloat, but I will smirk.

18. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    i just puked in my mouth.

19. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Hey RTL, isn't this guy acting JUST like Dave Mustaine?

20. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    Please. I am glad he's gone, he looked horrid last year and would cry a river if he wasn't the number 1 back so Norv and Co. felt inclined to start him even though, as we all know Tolbert, Sproles OR Bennett would have been more effective.

It's just more the fact that he's going out like a puss, and it kinda makes you wonder about how mentally tough the guy is (See '07 and '08 playoffs).

21. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Then stop talking to the press about how your not going to speak about the Chargers

LT STFU

• Like Like x 1
  22. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    LT showed his mopey side when Brees left. I don't think he likes Rivers and was not able to deal with the leadership shift that has occurred. I don't care what anybody says, he HAS lost more than a step. He lost heart on this team and I think that he lost the respect of his teammates. He sat on the sidelines in the biggest game of his career and then pouted like a little kid afterwards. I had nothing but respect for LT up to then but that was hard to watch. He is right though, the team has changed, where he carried the team in the past he was at a point now where he could have taken a reduced role (at a reduced payday) and let the team carry him a little but his ego (suprising for such a humble guy) would not allow that. LT still thinks he can break Emmits record... I'm glad though that he's moved on, I think most of us have already moved on as well.

23. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Lightning

Tomlinson, the eighth-leading rusher in NFL history who signed a two-year deal worth about $5.2 million with the Jets last month, said he didn't hear from Smith or any former teammates.

Exactly!!!

Tells a whole lot when the players on the team don't even reach out to wish him well or ask how he is doing....nothing....nada....zip. It is sounding more and more like sour grapes from players to management. Like one of the writers wrote......Even McNabb had nothing but nice things to say about the Eagles organization after being traded. That is class! I almost feel that LT is saying these things because in the long run, he really wanted to stay and is just bitter.

24. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Saw LT's stats on Madden 2011. He has a speed rating of 70, breaking tackles rating of 50, and falling down on your own rating of 100. He also can only run in one direction (out of bounds). Oh and he's the only player animated to have a constantly flapping mouth.

25. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Tomlinson's words damage legacy in San Diego

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 9, 2010 10:18 AM ET

LaDainian Tomlinson is done talking about the Chargers, but the damage is done.

In a eye-opening take-down in Friday's San Diego Union-Tribune, venerable columnist Nick Canepa wonders why Tomlinson took a "selfish, vitriolic, ungrateful road out of town."

The words are jarring because Complainian owned San Diego for so long. Few cities have embraced a player more completely, but the team may not have felt the same by the end. Canepa points out that not a single player showed up for Tomlinson's goodbye press conference.

Even Tomlinson's agents and advisers reportedly aren't pleased with how he's publicly handled the departure. His ex-offensive linemen are reportedly "livid" but have taken a vow of silence. Classy.

26. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Complainian :lol:

27. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    x2

:lol:

• Like Like x 1