1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jihad training compounds in america

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Johnny Lightning, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  2. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Probably because they are American citizens and it's Unconstitutional because they haven't done 'anything wrong'. The same reason why Skinheads and Gangs are still out.

But I'm pretty sure the Govt knows who participates in these camps and keeps really close eyes on them.

But until we start to fight terrorist by their rules (no rules) this will continue to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    But they do have compounds and the government can find reasons to investigate and see what is going on in those compounds. It can start with under cover recruits.

Like the ranch division in Waco, TX. They did get enough undercover people to speak to some Branch Davidians and eventually got enough information about what was going on in there.

Also, if they have any kind of evidence that these Jihad memebrs have contributed to the beheading of that reporter, the government can bring them in for questioning and see where it goes from there.

Something like that did happen to a skinhead compound in Georgia around 97. There were a few racially motivated beatings around the area, so they questioned members of the compound. Though they could not prove that they had anything to do with these beatings... they were able to close the compound and arrest the owner. Due to other things like serving alcohol to minors, possession of unregister and illegal weapons, etc.

Looks like these guys got weapons. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    'Tis true. Sometimes you just have to start small......If you can remember back that far, the authorities couldn't tie Charles Manson and his 'family' to the Tate-LaBianca murders at first bite, so when they were busted for some relatively minor crimes, that gave the cops an opportunity to investigate them further. Same thing'll happen with these terrorist groups.....somebody looking to make a martyr of himself won't be able to hold back from doing something idiotic, and that'll bring the feds down on them like white on rice.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly. That's what they need to start doing with these people.
    Hell, they're testing out bombs on the video. That's illegal.
    The one guy says they have an armed guard at the gate of their compound. If that's true, I don't think that's legal.

So it sounds to me like the FBI has PLENTY of probable cause to search the compound!!! GET TO IT!!!

6. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I'm not saying that this video is not factual or anything, but I'll point out that it's put out by the Christian Action Network, who are themselves an extremist organization created by a Jerry Falwell flunky.

They may be right here, but it makes me wonder why they are the only ones that have this information. If this were true and as widespread as they purport, why isn't it a big news story?

Also, a lot of those signs in that video look photoshopped. Like that street sign. If not photoshopped, it's hardly evidence since I've seen people with custom "street signs" in their rooms.

Like I said, this may be true. If it is, then it's a big deal. But I'm ALWAYS skeptical when a religious extremist organization, regardless if they're Christian or Muslim or whatever, puts out information. They ALWAYS have their own agenda, and it's hardly ever what their religion actually professes. It looks like this one is just trying to stir **** up against non-Christians.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Well, that could put things in a different light..........I don't trust ANY extremist group, whether they be Muslim, Christian, or something in between.

On the other hand, I don't doubt the probability that there is another 9/11 being planned by someone, somewhere..........maybe even inside our own borders. It's only a matter of time, I fear.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

These are good points but I don't have a hard time believing this. There has been Muslim extremists like this in our country for decades. That's how both WTC attacks happened.

BTW... How are the Christian Action Network an extremist network? I mean, if they're like Jerry Falwell... I'm sure they're full of hatred and judgment but have they killed anybody? Are they making plans to kill massive amounts of people?

9. pure-sol

Ratings:
    +255
    Not to my knowledge, but that's not a requirement for an extremist group. Literally, an extremist group is just a group that is "not moderate". In normal vernacular though, it's usually used to describe a group that is extremely far left or far right. Many extremist groups tend to have plans for violence, but it's not necessary to have these plans to be an extremist group.

Being a branch of Jerry Falwell followers, I have no doubt that they are as close minded and on the extreme right as Falwell was. They push their agenda and do anything and say anything to show that ideals that they don't agree with are evil and whatnot.

As an example, they were the perpetrators of the rumor that Hillary Clinton was a lesbian during the primaries. This is obviously ridiculous, and even if it were true is irrelevant. But they felt the need to say something to try and convince people that she was terrible by making up this rumor. Unfortunately, many of the people that read the drivel that comes out of CAN or any organization like them can't conceive the fact that these people can say anything but the truth. Another unfortunate fact is that this is the same modus operandi of almost all organized religions.

I'm not sure what's more sad: organizations like this using people's faith for their own (usually) disgusting agendas, or the fact that so many people out there want to believe in something so badly that they'll listen to any "religious" source without questioning it. :no:

10. pure-sol

Ratings:
    +255
    I don't have a hard time believing something like this is happening in the US either B4L, although I doubt it's as widespread as it is being portrayed in the video. With the formation of the Department of Homeland Security and all the liberties they got in surveilling the American people, I have a difficult time believing that something as big as the portrayed camps are in existence.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I understand all of this but some extremist groups are worse than others.

Example: Some people hate but all they really do is disassociate themselves with anybody of a different skin color, nationality, religion, political belief, etc. Of course they'll also talk about their hate and why these people are bad.
    Though I think that's a sad way to live any life, that's their choice.

If they want to spend their life hating, they're allowed as long as no physical action follows.

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    It didn't appear to be widespread on the video IMO. It's out there but I agree that it's not wide spread. Though it takes a very small amount of people to actually carry out and act of terrorism.

Example: When you talk about the KKK, you are talking about a very tiny minority of people BUT, it will only take one more Timothy McVeigh to make that small minority happy.
    McVeigh was a white supremacist. He very much believed in a book called "The Turner Diaries." Which is basically like a bible for white supremacy though it's mostly about taking action towards the U.S. government.

This Jihad group is no different in that sense but more dangerous. Because like the Klan, they may have very few here supporting their cause but they have A LOT more globally.