1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jim Brown Calls LT Overrated..

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheBeast, Sep 2, 2009.

1. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/02/lt-proclaims-hes-the-best-back/

Look who's talking about overrated.

2. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Jim brown was running over all kinds of "little men"! Those guys were so light and small that he litterally draged them with one foot. I would love to see him do that today. He my friends, is the overrated one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Jim Brown was a man amongst boys.

He has the right to say anything he wants about any running back... at any time.

Shut up and play, LT.

That's all we want.

4. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Don't get pulled into that mess, LT. No one cares if you have the "best" label. Just put the rock in the end zone and everything will be fine.

5. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    It's more a media hype to put Brown and Peterson into a magazine. Adrian should handle the next couple of seasons witout an injury and will see what it's all about.

LT will have another 1.000y seasons and climb up the stairs.
    We'll see and love what he will manage towards the top.

6. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Here's the interview where Brownstain called him out:

You want a pansy, it's Jim Brown, playing in an era of 200 pound defensive linemen. He's just another old, bitter, retired football player who's scared that LT is going to pass him in every record book. Just like that racist RB out of Green Bay. Brown should go back to making crappy movies....

So anyways, honesty is what it is, right Jim? But once again, I doubt that so called Chargers fans will stand behind the player on their team.........

7. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Half of America seems to think LT is washed up, and another 1/3 wants him to be.

Embrace the hate! Championship, full speed ahead!!! :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Agree. Missing out on two straight playoff runs should cool the jets on any kind of "best" talk for awhile. I thought we were going to shut and play this year.

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Embracing the hate since 1963

:abq1::abq2::abq1::abq2:

10. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I have mad respect for JB and AP, but to say LT overrated??? Hell, even when JB asked AP if LT was overrated, even he said he's not. I agree with you guys. F all that talk. Score TD's and get that Lombardi, that is ALL that matters. None of this nonsense overrated gibberish!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    I respect Jim Brown for what he has done. However, I hope that he didn't come up with these questions himself.

HE says LT wouldn't be as successful in another system. That, along with the consistent prodding AP into one direction, threw me off.

AP has one of the best run block O-lines in the NFL, if not THE best. Put any Running Back behind that line they should be getting 4 or more yards per carry. The fact that Taylor puts up good numbers even though he is old, and not a HOF back, is evidence as much.

LT is a much more all around back. AP does bad in the blocking game and in the passing game. A couple of pitches out to him saw very little yards gained.

Houston preseason game after that big run they were able to shut AP down.

AP is a good north south runner who is fast and strong. He hits the holes hard. I don't see him make great cuts and he isn't elusive. His running style is dangerous which is why he has already suffered a couple of injuries. Problem with AP injuries tend to catch up. I think he has 4 more good years left unless he can avoid injury better.

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    this x infinity

13. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    jim brown dude cnt probably even see anymore if he was getting hit by guys like chris jenkins b=albert hanesworth jamal williams he probably wouldnt have lasted as long as he did there was a time not to long ago and i ws there i witnessed it with my eyes that everyone on both sidelines knew #21 ws gettin the ball and they couldnt stop him PERIOD so people need to get off the nuts #21 is one of the best chargers to don the uni .but i do agree he should just let his play talk not his mouth get movin #21 u da man. see you all at the home muthfugginopener

• Like Like x 3
  14. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

:tup::tup:

Preach it brother man

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Good Jim Brown history:
    http://espn.go.com/classic/biography/s/Brown_Jim.html

Some of my favorite highlights:
    Nice work, Jim.

16. BajaBolt

BajaBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14

Yeah, I guess it all makes sense that Jim Brown backed that train wreck known as Maurice Clarett.

Jim Brown is a hater. Screw him. Has has no business talking trash about LT to the next great running back to come along. AP was wise to not be suckered into a stupid response.

Come back and talk to me when AP has put up consistent numbers for the next 6 years.

17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Get over it, LT will shine this year and none of this will be remembered.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Who cares what Jim Brown Says. Jim Brown did some spectacular things in a different era.

LT is the man, no one better forget it...

19. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
  20. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    preach it muthafuggr!!!

:lol:

21. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Jim Brown can KMA - AP is a great talent but he won't be long for the NFL b/c of the type of runner he is. He runs over and though people and he's not a big threat in the passing game. Spectacular talent but not yet the complete player that LT is and has been consistently since he stepped onto the field in San Diego.

Haters will always hate and doubters will always doubt but we know the truth about LT and nothing Jim Brown or anyone else says will change that.

Embrace the hate LT - Go get it in 2009 and as long as you can - the Bolt faithful believe!

22. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    This kind of makes me sad, because I always thought of Jim Brown as someone to look up and aspire to for running backs. Records are made to be broken, and most old time athletes know this and don't worry about it.

Jim Brown being so spiteful just makes me sad for him. I still don't like AP (as a person, he was my first round draft pick lol) ever since he trashed on our defense in the media after running all over us, but I'm impressed he had the wherewithal not to fall into Brown's sorry attempt at a trap.

23. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    In two years, AP has already missed more games due to injury than LT has in his career

True Story

Message to Jim Brown

FU

Embrace the Hate

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

24. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Word! :tup:

25. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Sorry, I mis-spoke

That includes playoffs

has AP even played in a playoff game???

uhh, no

not so much

:tdown:

26. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    The book on LT and AP is still open. Statistically speaking, LT is one of the best all time and there is still some tread on his tires. AP is also a talented back, but because of his running style I suspect his career numbers will be impressive but that his career will be shorter than LT's due to injuries and general wear and tear.

A Chargers Super Bowl victory (...or two, or three) with LT as a contributor would give added weight to his legacy, but even without that we are talking first ballot Hall of Famer here.

Jim Brown was a great back who walked away near the top of his game...but he strikes me as a trifle bitter.

All that being said, what I take from all of this noise is that a now healthy LT has a chip on his shoulder the size of a Buick and he is going to take it out on our opponents!

27. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
  28. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I have always admire Jim Brown on the football field. I have never admired him as a person. The SOB has a sorted history with violence against women. Not much of a man when it come down to it.

29. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I obviously never saw this lad playing (Brown) but he always struck me as someone who is bitter. He also comes across as jealous of what today's athletes can earn compared to his day. Bitter, jealous little man.

Like someone said embrace the hate. :tup:

Kinda surprised though that LT took the bait and came out and said something publicly about it. :tdown:

30. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I think the past few years have made Tomlinson more edgy. 2007 could have and should have been our Super Bowl year if not for his and Rivers' injuries in the playoffs, and now he knows the clock is ticking and he has more nay sayers than ever before.