1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Joey Porter arrested for DUI, assaulting a police officer

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 27, 2010 6:12 PM ET

Linebacker Joey Porter, one of the newest additions to the Arizona Cardinals, has become the latest addition to the Bakersfield jail.

Per TMZ, Porter has been popped for assaulting a police officer.

According to the report, a friend of Porter's was pulled over outside a Taco Bell. Joey pulled up, and a CHP officer smelled alcohol coming from Porter's car.

So when the officer asked for Porter's license, he refused to turn it over, rolling up the window to his vehicle. The officer then tried to reach in and unlock the door, and Porter slapped the officer's hand.

The officer grabbed Porter's arm, who got out of the car in a confrontational manner.

So the officer drew his pistol and ordered Porter onto the ground. Porter, apparently not fearing bullets after being refused to comply. Eventually, he put his hands behind his head.

Porter was charged with three misdemeanors -- DUI, resisting arrest, and assault on a peace officer.

He's lucky he wasn't shot, again.

Porter recently signed with the Cardinals, only a few weeks after being cut by the Dolphins.

2. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    And some of you wanted Porter...

3. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Wow this really sucks for Arizona. He could get a few years for assaulting an officer, even if it was just a slap on the arm

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I can't speak for anybody else, but just to be clear on my personal stance. I never said I wanted (or didn't want) Porter. I just constantly argued that talking crap on the field isn't enough of a reason to steer clear of him if he can still bring it on the field. (Which I also never formed a stance as to whether or not he could)

Getting himself arrested for assault, however, is enough of a reason.

5. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Brilliant, I tell you! :nana_dance:

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Why is this even news?

There is and always will be a certain number NFL players that get caught

They drink, they do drugs, they cheat, they beat...

It's part of the game

7. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    hahahahahaahahahahahahah wow. WHat is it with former and present dolphins and duis this week?

8. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Chargers made right move by shunning Porter

ESPN
    By Bill Williamson
    3-28-2010

The San Diego Chargers did not warm to Joey Porter's advances this offseason and I’m sure the team is thrilled it didn’t pursue the linebacker.

Porter was arrested near his Bakersfield, Calif., home Saturday on suspicion of drunken driving. Porter refused to provide his driver's license and began to roll up his window when asked to leave the car. Police say that when an officer reached to unlock the door Porter slapped the officer's hand.

Porter recently signed a $17.5 million deal with Arizona. Below he was even cut by Miami this offseason, Porter said he was interested in playing for San Diego along with the Cardinals and San Francisco. He wanted to play for a 3-4 defensive team located near his home.

However, San Diego never made a move on Porter. San Diego has been reluctant to add veterans who are known for being brash like Porter.

Porter’s legal issues have to be cause for Arizona to have some buyer’s remorse. Credit goes to San Diego for avoiding this headache.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    He's a celebrity, if Gilbert Arenas can pull a Wyatt Earp OK Corral move in DC, there's no chance Porter will get any real time if that.

10. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    with that fat new contract he totally shoulda got a driver if he wanted to get wasted...

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The line forms here to drink A.J.'s piss: >>>>_________________

If you want to buy a sample of A.J.'s life changing formula, see this ad below.

[​IMG]

12. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    While I'm thoroughly pleased they passed on him with this latest onset this is an easy conclusion to draw after the fact.

13. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Does he have to pay a quarter for the cup??:lol:

14. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    when will you be offering the norv piss?