1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

John Lynch Quits Donks

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by 400HZ, Jul 30, 2008.

1. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    DENVER (CBS4) ― John Lynch is exploring other options for his future and leaving the Denver Broncos, CBS4 News reports.

Lynch and coach Mike Shanahan met Wednesday afternoon. Lynch told Vic Lombardi that Shanahan gave Lynch permission to look for a new team, consider a broadcasting career or retire.

Lynch was not happy over his lack of practice time as he competes for a starting safety position. He took a pay cut to return for his 16th season as an NFL player. But he wanted an opportunity to be a full time starter at safety.

Lynch was not at practice Wednesday morning and had missed a team meeting Tuesday night.

Lynch told Lombardi he would be at Dove Valley Thursday to address the situation further.

Gary Miller reports other teams, like the San Diego Chargers, where Lynch is from, would be interested in him.

I can't see A.J. being overly interested, but maybe he could fill Eric Weddle's role from last year playing linebacker in dime sets. He'd probably play for peanuts for the opportunity to come home and play for a contender.

2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Donks are a mess. Their starting safeties are MEcree and Manuel???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192
    Didn't Simeon Rice say the same thing after they signed him last year? That Shanahan didn't give him the opportunity to practice and make the team when he was healthy and willing to do so? Shanahan is messing them up.

4. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I could see Weddle playing Weddles linbacker position (Known as the "Monster") and Lynch taking over the deep third in such sets. Weddle is a very good Monster back and very good against the run. We are not in our base defense all that often during games. I can see Lynch getting a ton of playing time on this team in that Weddle is a great Monster Back and Lynch is great on the deep hashes...

Win, win IMO... Not to mention his locker room presence.

BTW... Smacksaw is claiming that Denver players are saying that Lynch is very interested in Lightning Bolts...

5. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Can it get much worse for the donks! :pointlaugh: :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

6. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Lynch is great deep? He sucks in coverage. Weddle should be deep, with Lynch near the line. That's all he's good for anyway. A glorified small LB.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I think the dude would make a great broadcaster, but no doubt he's got some football left in him.

his dad owns the local sports station, he seems to be in pretty good shape.

hmmmm dancing with the stars or Lightning Bolts:icon_shrug:

8. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Damn give the guy some credit. Lynch is a very smart, disciplined football player that can teach each and every player in our secondary a thing or two.

BTW, I didnt' say he was great in coverage. Coverage is more of a CB term... Safties don't cover people generally, they are responsible for an area. He wins battles on the deep hashes because he is very very smart. There isn't a wrinkle he hasn't seen.

9. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I would def be interested in watchin Lynch in a bolt uni. he would bring us alot. Plus, oh how he would love to hit his old teammates week 2!!

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    If he wanted to come to the chargers as a first year coach I'd say maybe. But not as a player. His time has come and gone.

11. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192
    He sucks in coverage, but I'd consider it if he's willing to sign for the veteran minimum. I'd rather have him as experienced depth over some of the other guys we are currently working at safety. Our depth at the safety position is not that great at the moment, and an injury to Hart or Weddle would hurt us.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I'm inclined to agree but as depth he might not be bad, never can have enough of that. Besides I'm sure he'd like to play for a winner again.

Anteater Campaign pledge coming true! Mike Shanahan is staying stupid! :abq2::abq1::abq2::abq1:

13. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Foobs, I have heard that far to often regarding players.... Harrison, Lynch 3 years ago, and Seau...

Sure none of the 3 are who they were at 30, but the intanglbiles players such as this bring to a team are HUGE!

Jr is not great anymore, but he is still pretty damn good. Rodney was on his last years when he left the Bolts... 5 years later, he has 3 SB Rings... Lynch has been a pain in our collective asses since he left Tampa for Denver.

Lynch is one of the Safties that can hit the stink out of a sweaty jock strap. Having that presence in the game on passing downs would be HUGE!

14. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    You need to put the bit about beer pourers getting their *** kicked back in the platform:icon_toast:

15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Dude is just smelling ring, he didn't care to be a part of this team before so screw him. He went with the Donks because they were the pick, bye bye Lynch.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    that's Anteater's Executive Order to be used whenever i feel like it :lol:

17. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Lynch was a tremendous safety in his day, but I just don't know if he has the wheels anymore. And with his age and physical style of play, chances are slim that he would be around for the whole season. I think John would make a great assistant coach, but I'm not sure how much he has in the tank.

But, hell, for the vet minimum he might be worth a look. I doubt he'll be on AJ's radar though.

18. ROMAD

ROMAD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I would only take a look if he was willing to come in as player/coach. Weddle is our starting safety now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    John Lynch wants out of Denver because he's no longer the starter and doesn't want to split playing time or ride the bench.

You think he's going to be willing to do the same here?

Or would you appease him and make him the starter over Hart or Weddle?

Does he even know our schemes or can he learn it in a few weeks?

I'll take a young guy in Gordon and/or Oliver, who's already had at least one full year in our system over a once-good, now has-been that takes it as a personal affront that he's no longer the go-to defensive back.

I would have said a resounding YES pre-2006, but now. No way. Our secondary is already locked and loaded. No point in making such a massive change now.

Just say no to drugs and John Lynch.

20. chiefsgal

chiefsgal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +443

yes it can...and I'm hoping it does.....:lol: yes, I really really hate em...:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  21. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    I'll meet you halfway:lol:

22. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I don't count weed as a drug. :lol:

23. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Man, who WOULDN'T want to be a part of this team! I would have loved getting JL a few years ago since I was and still am a big fan. But I think he is way past his prime and the Hart and Weddle duo is going to be real good. I just don't see a spot on this loaded team. Man, I wish AJ would have got him when the Donks did. I bet he would LOVE to wear that Charger Uniform being from San Diego and growing up a Charger fan esp. when he know's we'll be hoisting that Lombardi in February.

24. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Sitting on the bench and losing is a lot different than sitting on the bench and winning.

25. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    The Chargers Do not need John Lynch.

No thank you. I pass.

26. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    hell probably end up back in tampa

27. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    :abq2::deadhorse::deadhorse2::abq1:

28. scottbbo1

scottbbo1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    I put my faith in the Lord AJ. The Lord AJ will decide if Lynch is worthy.:bow:

29. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    hey, if he was here, he could get a ring, hes just gotta really put in some work, we could use the depth for safety.

30. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: