1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jordan Finally Cut

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
  2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    The Patriots might snag him, and pizz off the Jets. :yes:

3. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    we need to pick up Jordan! and cut Thomas!

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Could he be a Pinnock replacement????? just thinking.

5. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...As much as I admire your guts...you realize that you're going to get beotch slapped from one end of this forum to the other for a comment like that ?:icon_rofl:

I know Jordan was promising at one point but if the Raiders saw fit to let him...well you get the idea! If he came really, really cheap, I could envision him as camp fodder and that's about it

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I thought the Chargers had shown interest in Jordan but that was before we drafted a RB and a FB this year. So yeah, no thanks. If Thomas goes down, maybe consider Jordan

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
  8. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
  9. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    cant really go by what the turds do. they did let Randy Moss go for a 4th and we all know how that turned out

10. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Who cares that he got cut!

He probably wont study New Englands playbook very hard either and get cut again :lol:

11. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Well, those were two different situations.

Randy Moss was unhappy in Oakland, and wanted out, vehemently. He wanted to go to a team that had a real shot of reaching the Super Bowl in what was left of his career. So, the Raiders decided to trade him for whatever they could get, instead of keep an unhappy player that was going to be a huge cap hit for them.

Lamont Jordan became unnecessary once they drafted Darren McFadden, and combined with Michael Bush from last year and Justin Fargas, he was the fourth RB on the depth chart who didn't really produce once Norv left. So they decided to let him go.

12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Jordan was a bust as a starter, never lived up to his expectations, just got fat and lazy. Although that could of just been a Raider thing.

13. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I do think it was a Raider thing. Jordon was great with the limited chances he got with the Jets, but (as is the case with many players) once he was sent to the Raiders, things didn't work out. Unfortunately, I think this is a smart move by the Pats. Like Moss, Jordon will have something to prove. I see him winning a spot as the primary backup to Mahony.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    In Lamont Jordan's first season with Oakland, under Norv Turner, he rushed for over 1000 yards and got 70 receptions for 563 yards, and 11 total TD. This while sharing the load with Justin Fargas.

Then when Norv was fired by Uncle Al, Jordan went downhill and never recovered.

If Lamont had been released by Oakland back in March, I wouldn't have minded him coming here as LT's backup, to replace Michael Turner.

However, he's no longer viable for us because Hester and Thomas will be better, and probably cost less combined over the next two seasons of their rookie contracts.

:abq2::abq1:

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    He's a solid running back but I agree that he's not as good as his expectations.
    Though I'm willing to bet that if he goes to a team with an offensive line, somewhat competitive, and where the coach calls the plays... We'll see a better Jordan.

Hell... Gallery may prove to be worth something on another team.
    Raiders are the "Career Killing Organization!!!" :yes:

16. floridaboltfan

floridaboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I cant believe any of u would think a turd castoff would make our team better. He obviosly wouldnt be cheap and the Thomas kid has size.

17. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    And now he's a Patriot

18. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Thomas may not even make the team. I think some of you are overstating him at this point. Hester is the main pick we got to replace Turner. Thomas is just another guy right now who had one good year at UTEP.

Thomas also weighs less than LT so saying he has "size" is also an overstatement. He has room to add more at 6'0" ( he checked in at 6' 0 1/4" at the combine) but he only ran a 4.59 at 215 lbs.

He is a wait and see player. I have no big expectations at all for him.

19. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Jordan also has a bad back and supposedly likes to drink.

always struck me as running soft for a big dude:icon_shrug:

20. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    We kept 5 backs last season (LT, Turner, Sproles, Neal and Pinnock), if Thomas has a good camp I could see him making the roster, especially if Pinnock takes a while to recover.

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Now that we got Hester, we don't need another RB.