1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jordan Todman?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ntman68, Oct 24, 2011.

1. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Was he cut? What happened?

2. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157
  3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Saw him on the sideline yesterday wearing a Chargers hoodie. Always wondered what happened when a guy gets cut like that a day before an away game in a far away place. It's not like the guy has to GTFO and find his own way home obviously. Hopefully we will see him on the PS. Else what another wasted draft pick.

4. ntman68

Ratings:
    +139
    So was he just not impressing in practice? I thought they were high on him...

5. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Jordan Todman was cut so that we could sign Curtis Brinkley from the practic squad to the 53-man roster, activate him for the game, but not play him against the Jets even after both Mathews & Tolbert got nicked up.

6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    wondering if he's got an injury or personal issue going on? no other team has touched him as far as I've heard... just seems like a really random time to do what they did - very last minute.

7. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Norv had stated that after the Denver game in which we had only 3 running backs active for the game, and 2 of them got hurt, that we would go with 4 running backs activated from there on out – when the decision was made to go with Brinkley from our practice squad vice Todman from our active roster, I figured it was because they viewed Brinkley as more ready to contribute at this point that Todman, but I’ve given up trying to figure out Norv or how he thinks…

8. wpt02790

wpt02790 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Very foolish not to give the kid a try...he reminds me of Barry Sanders...shame

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    We never got to see much of Todman. The Chargers held on to him, and will presumably try and get him on the practice squad and have another go later in the season or next year.

10. ntman68

Ratings:
    +139
    Perhaps a naive question, but how can they cut him, yet still "hold on to him"?

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    If he clears waivers, the team can sign him to the practice squad. I am not sure if he is still eligible given the six games he was active for. But assuming he is available, and no one signs him the Chargers would have that option.

12. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,412
    The "held on to him" part came refers to Todman making the 53 man roster, even though he never played.

13. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Todamn was always an inactive player on game days though.. he doesn't have any personal problems I think the Chargers will sign him via PS.. the kid is something I met his foster mom a few times very nice woman..

He was on the sideline in a hoodie so to me I think no one touched him because, like said before the cut him to make room for Brinkley who was on the the PS to activate him and now they will sign Todman to the PS..

14. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157
  15. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,412
    The Jets cut Baxter as well, so he's available to resign.

16. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    I just hope no one goes out on a limb and tries to sign this kid onto their activated roster.. I want to hold on to him.. he's a gem I'm telling you guys he just needs to be coached well and given time the kids a rookie.. I really wanted to see him as a third down back next year atleast.. he is so quick and strong for his size.. and can really take the load in the running game.. KEEP HIM PLEASE SD!

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Looks like he and Baxter are on the practice squad, good very good

18. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Is the Baxter move official?. Who gets dropped for him or he is taking Schilling's position?.