1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jordon Tadman, meet the new Sproles!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bergo23, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Super Productive (like Sproles), another junior with not too much mileage on the tires. Good kick-off returner, he could have gone as high as the second round, I spose his size pushed him down. (Funny though Sproles went in the 4th round if I member correctly).

Welcome aboard Jordan!!!:helm1:

2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    It's Todman.

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    May soon be the starter if China Doll keeps it up.

4. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    It's what I'm actually afraid of, because if Todman gets the spot I don't think he's the sort that's going to give it up. Makes me wish our team's steal of the draft didn't come in the form of a player at the position we traded up in the 1st round to draft last year.

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Yeah, how dare Mathews get injured when he's pushed backwards over a pile of 300lb men! HOW DARETH!:icon_tease:

Seriously though, it'd be one thing if we were talking about cracked ribs, seperated shoulders, muscle strains etc... but that was a freak injury that happened in week 2. And it stunted his growth because he was unable to practice the next few weeks.

All your tough guy, play through the pain, rub some dirt on it, pound on your chest and chant beef beef beef bullshit is really starting to get old Doug.

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    So we drafted 4 guys under 6 feet tall.

I knew AJ had a hard on for little guys

7. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    :icon_rofl:

8. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Being serious man, your game is tired. Wait for a phantom knee strain, a pinched nerv in his back, or turf toe before you start calling a guy injury prone.

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    ??

seems like he calls what he sees. Mathews had a history of injuries in college.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    yet another epic fail pick, thanks AJ

11. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    He battled injury his sophomore year...big fuKing whoop, its football. He only missed 1 game his junior year, then came back the very next week and carried the ball 30 times and scored 3TDs!

His injury in week 2 was something you could see happen, its not like he sustained it while getting tackled or taking a pounding. I'm not worried at all about Mathews durability, and I find it ludacris that so many people mention it as if he deserves to be placed right next to Brian Westbrook in the Hall of Worlds Most Brittle Man.

12. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    I just want to see him come back next season and stay healthy. That is all.

13. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    I've always loved the concept of sports fans sitting on their Lazy Boys in front of their television (or their computer in the 21st century) saying people need to suck it up and play through injuries.

It's the only thing about sports fans that I find funnier than when they suddenly become expert scouts and fortune tellers on draft day. :lol: