1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jue joins Kiel on the sidelines

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,848
    http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/09/28/sports/professional/chargers/23_43_259_27_06.txt

By: JAY PARIS - Staff Writer

SAN DIEGO -- The Chargers' depth at safety is getting lean.

The Chargers revealed Wednesday that they lost not one, but two safeties on Tuesday.

Starting strong safety Terrence Kiel was arrested on five felony counts and is out for Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens.

It was learned Wednesday that backup safety Bhawoh Jue underwent arthroscopic surgery on his balky left knee on Tuesday and will also sit on Sunday. That's the same knee on which Jue had an operation during the offseason.

With the exits of Kiel and Jue, enter Clinton Hart.

"It's bittersweet,'' said Hart, who started three games at free safety and two at strong last year. "But I have to focus on being able to step in and bring what he brought to this defense. I just have something to prove, and I have to go out and do what I can do and help us get to where we need to be. And that is 3-0."

Hart and the other secondary members held a meeting Wednesday, to address the obstacle they must scale. Cornerback Drayton Florence took the leadership role and addressed his cohorts.

"We have to make that fist a little bit tighter; we still got to do that,'' said Hart, a four-year pro. "Kiel is still our boy, and we are supporting him 100 percent. We got a big game this week, and that is our main focus. We are going to let everything else take care of itself.''

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Finally.

Too bad someone had to go to jail and one had to go iunder the knife for Hart to get a start.

3. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    This might be a stupid question, but are we going to see more Cromartie filling out the secondary?