1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Julius Peppers anyone?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheBeast, Nov 16, 2008.

1. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I know it's a little early to think about next season but i just couldn't resist.

Today i learned that Julius Peppers will become a FA after this year and i know it's a long shot but with Olshanky maybe leaving, Sproles emerging and maybe wanting a starting job and cromartie not showing up, maybe we can add this pass rushing monster to D-line, and maybe draft a ILB or a safety.
    It would take alot of money to sign him but would signing just rivers and merriman along with J-Peps be enough? I don't know whats the situation with merriman with the injury along with signing Tucker to a contract but this would be maybe the push to get us to the sb if it doesen't happen this year.

Can anyone imagine a Phillips/Merriman/Peppers pass rush?

I can pray right?

:abq2:

2. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I'd rather have Albert Haynsworth. :yes:

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Praying won't change the salary cap. Getting sure as hell wouldn't hurt, his sack total was way off last year, but he has 7 so far this year. How many do we have as a team in the last five games?

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,068
    Only way Peppers fits our system is if we go back to a 4-3, he isn't a proper 3-4 end

5. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Only if we move to a 4-3

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,068
    I'd sooner grab Bart Scott or Ray Lewis at the end of the season to team with drafting a LB like Malagua or Laurenitis

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,986
    Move Phillips to the inside and run Peppers outside, Merriman and Peppers coming with head starts!!!!:icon_eek::icon_eek:

8. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Fun to fantasize - if only that economic "thang" would get out of the way. :icon_sad:

9. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Well he can adjust. Didn't he move from the right to the left or vice versa.

I'd rather sign someone who isn't a LB so we can hopefully draft mualaga. Although mike peterson would be nice :tup:

10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,616
    Haynesworth
    Merriman
    Peppers

In that order.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm fine with Olshanky.
    Yes, he's been a non factor this season but so has Phillips, Castillo, Cooper, Cromartie, Weddle and everybody else. All these guys have been great in the past. I find it hard to believe that they're done.
    We can talk about Merriman all year but how did we win four games in a row without him in the 2006 season?

The ONLY defensive players that have done anything this season are Jammer, Williams, (surprisingly) Dobbins, and (occasionally) Hart.

12. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,616
    Cason has had flashes of brilliance too.

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yeah, he has!!! :tup:

14. VJ IS THE MAN!!!!!

VJ IS THE MAN!!!!! BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Would LOVE him!!!!!!