1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Julius Peppers anyone?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheBeast, Nov 16, 2008.

1. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I know it's a little early to think about next season but i just couldn't resist.

Today i learned that Julius Peppers will become a FA after this year and i know it's a long shot but with Olshanky maybe leaving, Sproles emerging and maybe wanting a starting job and cromartie not showing up, maybe we can add this pass rushing monster to D-line, and maybe draft a ILB or a safety.
    It would take alot of money to sign him but would signing just rivers and merriman along with J-Peps be enough? I don't know whats the situation with merriman with the injury along with signing Tucker to a contract but this would be maybe the push to get us to the sb if it doesen't happen this year.

Can anyone imagine a Phillips/Merriman/Peppers pass rush?

I can pray right?

:abq2:

2. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I'd rather have Albert Haynsworth. :yes:

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Praying won't change the salary cap. Getting sure as hell wouldn't hurt, his sack total was way off last year, but he has 7 so far this year. How many do we have as a team in the last five games?

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Only way Peppers fits our system is if we go back to a 4-3, he isn't a proper 3-4 end

5. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Only if we move to a 4-3

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I'd sooner grab Bart Scott or Ray Lewis at the end of the season to team with drafting a LB like Malagua or Laurenitis

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Move Phillips to the inside and run Peppers outside, Merriman and Peppers coming with head starts!!!!:icon_eek::icon_eek:

8. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Fun to fantasize - if only that economic "thang" would get out of the way. :icon_sad:

9. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Well he can adjust. Didn't he move from the right to the left or vice versa.

I'd rather sign someone who isn't a LB so we can hopefully draft mualaga. Although mike peterson would be nice :tup:

10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Haynesworth
    Merriman
    Peppers

In that order.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm fine with Olshanky.
    Yes, he's been a non factor this season but so has Phillips, Castillo, Cooper, Cromartie, Weddle and everybody else. All these guys have been great in the past. I find it hard to believe that they're done.
    We can talk about Merriman all year but how did we win four games in a row without him in the 2006 season?

The ONLY defensive players that have done anything this season are Jammer, Williams, (surprisingly) Dobbins, and (occasionally) Hart.

12. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Cason has had flashes of brilliance too.

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yeah, he has!!! :tup:

14. VJ IS THE MAN!!!!!

VJ IS THE MAN!!!!! BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Would LOVE him!!!!!!