1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

junior cromarite just ran a 4.28 at the combine

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by foober, Feb 26, 2008.

1. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    sheet now we'll never be able to get him. Pressed the 225 bar 17 times as well. Sheet.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    must be genetic

3. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    yah after this he will be way gone by we pick LOL dammmit

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    How are they related? Brothers? Cousins?

5. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    It's weird, kevin acee says that a. cro says they aren't related and multiple people on the chargers staff say the same thing, but I have read a few quotes that j. cro saying they are cousins... maybe it's second cousin thing, illegitment child? or maybe he's using a. cro's name to raise his stock.
    :icon_shrug:

6. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86
    http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/combine-blog-live.htm

there u go

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Getting him would be nice, but CB isn't primarily what we need. Cro Junior is fast, smart and very athletic, but he has the body type to be extremely brittle. Unless he's one of those guys who are strong like steel wire, he will spend a lot of time nursing injuries. I don't know for sure, but guys like him often find it hard to bulk up. What would be interesting is whether or not he has the skill set to be a receiver like Cro Senior has. He would make a scary one.

8. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59

FROM ACEE'S MAILBAG:

Question
    From what I read, Cro's cousin has been moving up the draft boards. If Rogers-Cromartie is available at our pick in the first round, what are the chances that AJ pulls the trigger on him as a first round DB draft to compete for nickle/dime or Safety help?
    Joe / San Marcos

Answer
    I don't know if he makes it to No.27. But if he does, I could see it.

And, by the way, they're not related.

(I hear they're playing like they are related, but three people close to Antonio told me there is no relation.)

--------

weird eh?

9. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59

FROM ACEE'S MAILBAG:

Question
    From what I read, Cro's cousin has been moving up the draft boards. If Rogers-Cromartie is available at our pick in the first round, what are the chances that AJ pulls the trigger on him as a first round DB draft to compete for nickle/dime or Safety help?
    Joe / San Marcos

Answer
    I don't know if he makes it to No.27. But if he does, I could see it.

And, by the way, they're not related.

(I hear they're playing like they are related, but three people close to Antonio told me there is no relation.)

--------

weird eh?

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Maybe Cro told the kid he'd endorse his relation publicly if the kid will kick down part of his signing bonus... :lol:

(and for the record... I too... am related to Cro')

Signed,

Nickelbolt Mario-Cromartie.

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Sheet if this is just going out there relaxed and taking it easy. Sheet. Cromartie did better than almost anyone in almost every segment of the combine. Sheet.

Gad dammn. It would have been so nice having another super stud d-back fall to us at pick 27. Sheet, sheet, sheet. I really wanted one more super stud d-back if possible. Gad DAmn sheet.

12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    They're probably not related by blood? Maybe a step dad who knows. :icon_shrug:

13. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Dayum. :icon_eek: :eek: Rogers-Cromartie is a freak of nature.

There goes seeing the Chargers having 2 Cros out there on the field side by side creating havoc. That would be a major pain in the A$$ to opposing offenses.

He will be a mid 1st rounder to high mid 1st round Draft pick in my opinion due to his combine results alone.

14. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Gezzzz Foober. He comes from Tennesse st and is being questioned as to why he didnt have better numbers there by teams at the combine.

None of us has seen him play asside from the senior bowl.

There are other CB's that had very good 40 times that arent 6'1", and only 180 lbs.

IF we draft a CB, i hope we get one with more polish if we want that player to be able to help us this year. I doubt Cro 2 can.

I still want a RT in the first.

15. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86
    it wont matter cause Cro2 will be long gone by the time we pick, he is putting him self up to be the #1 CB in the draft, and for a RT for us sounds good, but 1st round? probably not, besides Long it seems like all the other OT are about the same from 2nd to 6th round lol

16. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    I just wonder if a guy built like that can stay healthy in the NFL.

17. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Talent is talent. When its staring you right in the eyes its kind of hard to not see it. Alot will depend on the coaching he gets in the pro's. But I'll be surprised if he doesn't wind up as good as cro-1.

I doubt he falls to us now. I was hoping for a super sleeper to fall to us. And I thought that guy might have been cro-2. But it looks like thats gone now. So on to other possibilities.

18. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Uhh, no that isnt correct. This OT class is pretty good in the early going.

19. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Why Foober, because of his name? We never heard of this guy till senior bowl week and many here follow college football alot.

There are many other good CB's that will go in the first and even in the 2nd. They could be real good too with good coaching.

Cro 2 is a string bean right now. He has to get bigger and he is also raw as a CB.

I like the kid but if we get a CB or a safety in the first round id like him to be able to help us this coming season when we make our SB run and i just dont see Rodgers Cromartie doing that as a rookie.

20. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86
    yah i think there is about 3 or 4 projected 1st rounders and seeing our next pick would be till the 3rd round comp pick u could probalby expect one with that pick or maybe just some undrafted ones, i think they really like clary also so no one we get will come in and start right away anyway

21. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I was just hoping to land a super sleeper. Now it looks like that won't happen. Don't know what were gonna do now.

22. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    3rd round?
    We wont pick again til probably the 5th. We arent going to get a 3rd rd comp pick for Donnie and anybody who thinks we are is going to be disapointed.

And i bet a first round OT from this class could beat out Clary. And if not right away, very son but Clary isnt real big compitition for some of these guys.

23. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Geez, if he'd been in the supplemental we wouldn't have any first day picks.